Chapter 2

*Second day back*

The honeymoon phase of going back to school was already over. Jughead awoke to his alarm, a frown already shown across his forehead. He headed out to the kitchen and began to make his breakfast. 

Betty stood in front of her closet debating which outfit suited today. All she wanted to wear was a hoodie, leggings and ugg boots but instead, she pulled out a black mesh top decorated with roses and paired it with some black skinny jeans and a black choker. She pulled on some black high heels and headed to the bathroom to do her makeup. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled, admiring her flawless skin. After applying some light makeup she headed downstairs. "Elizabeth, you can make your own breakfast," Betty's mum shouted at her as she approached the kitchen. "It's okay Alice, I'm not hungry anyway," Betty spat back at her mother. Betty stomped out of the house and climbed on her motorcycle to head to school.

Jughead finished his breakfast and pulled his iconic crown-shaped beanie over his greasy hair. He picked up his bag and headed out the door to walk to school.

BETTYPOV:

As I walked into school I got the usual stares and whispers as the boys drooled of me and the girls remained jealous of me. I just ignored them and glanced back at my phone. In the split second that I was looking at my phone, I felt my body crash into another. He fell backwards and I fell on top of him. When I looked up I saw the one and only loner loser boy, Jughead Jones. "You make a great pillow Jones, now watch where you're going you freak," I yelled climbing off him. "If I remember correctly you were the one looking at your phone, not me," he snapped back. "Don't flatter yourself, Jones, I didn't particularly want to find myself on top of you first thing in the morning," I huffed and walked off. 

JUGPOV:

We took our seats in Science and I overheard Veronica whispering to Betty, "I heard that weirdo Jones boy bumped into you this morning, are you ok? He didn't try to help you up or anything gross like that? Don't let him touch you, I heard you break out when you touch losers," Betty giggled and replied with, "Where'd you hear that from V? He's a dick anyway so fuck him."

Mr Laker cleared his throat and the class fell silent. "We are starting a project to get to know your classmates better. You can pick your pair but I will pair two pairs together to form groups. understand?" The class nodded in agreement. 

Archie walked up to me. "Jones, I heard you managed to get Betty Cooper on top of you! I'm impressed. Did you get to feel her body?" he said. "I'm not into stuck up bitches who think the world of themselves thanks Archie," I replied. 

BETTYPOV:

I just heard jughead jones call me a stuck up bitch. I have never had a guy call me that, only girls. I could practically feel his smirk behind me. I just scoffed and turned my attention back to pretending to be interested in whichever new boy from southside high Veronica was talking about.

"Alright, everyone now that you are all in partners I will pair your pair with another pair. Cheryl and Toni with Josie and Valerie. Dilton and Kevin with Reggie and Moose and Jughead and Archie with Veronica and Betty," Mr Laker dragged on. 

No way. Do the school gods hate me? I was stuck with Jughead Jones, the boy I currently hate the most in this god damn school.

JUGPOV:

Am I seriously stuck with her? Honestly, she annoys me so much it's kinda cute. I think. I'm so confused.

"Great I'm stuck with the dumb blonde who thinks she's soooo cool,"  I rolled my eyes.

"Keep talking you'll say something clever one day," she replied, crossing her arms.

"How long did you rehearse that one eh princess?" I grunted.

"It's funny that you don't know anything about me yet you judge me the hardest," She replied.

I chuckled. "Okay you won this time," I admitted defeat.

Veronica not-so-subtly whispered in Betty's ear "stop talking to him your embarrassing both of us." Betty just nodded and began to play with her fingers and crack her knuckles. I looked over at Archie, he had been silent for too long. I followed his eyes to were they lay on Betty. He bit his lip and sighed before blushing and quickly turning away. Betty looked up and smiled at him and I felt a burning sensation in my chest. I wasn't jealous, I hate Betty. I'm probably just tired.