9

Lucy groaned as she woke up. She groaned in pain and looked to see peter as he sat next to her bed. She looked to him and smiled as he took a hold of her hand "hey, how do you feel?" He asked as she looked to him and groaned "like Ive donating an organ" she said as she tried to sit up as he walked over to her and smiled as he helped her sit up slightly and looked to her and smiled as he sat on the bed next to her "how long have you been here" she asked as he looked to her and smiled "hours, I wanted to know that the surgery went well and I wanted to know that you were okay" he said as she looked to him and smiled "I'm fine, I'm a lot of pain but I'm fine. Have you heard how my mum is" she asked "in recovery still I think" he said as she nodded.

She looked to him and smiled "thanks for staying, it really means a lot" she said as he placed a hand on top of hers and smiled "there's no one where else I would rather be, besides I'd only be worried over you if I wasn't here" he said as she looked to him and smiled as she leant in and kissed her. She knew that she was slowly falling in love with him and it scared her. "You know once this is all done with it's going to be okay" he said as she looked to him and sighed "is it. You and I are complicated and you know it, my mum use to be married to you and you know just how protective of me she is, I'm still a baby to her" Lucy said as he smiled "we'll make it work" he said unaware of Mia standing on the doorway listening in not trusting him found her little sister.

***

Later that day, Mia sat in Carla's room as Carla looked to her and frowned "hows your sister? Is she still causing trouble" Carla asked as Mia looked to her and smiled "isn't she always?" Mia said as Carla looked to her and smiled "an I high off of the morphine or did I see peter Barlow walking around the hallway, please tell me there is nothing going on between him and Lucy" Carla said as Mia looked to her and smiled "I have no idea if anything is going on and that's the truth" Mia lies knowing how Carla would react.

Later that day, Mia walked into Lucy's room who looked to her and smiled "please tell me you have come to break me out of here, I am going insane" Lucy said as Mia smiled "I don't think mum would be happy, I saw you and peter together. I can't keep doing this for you Luc, you need to either tell mum yourself or end it with him. It's not fair and if you can't be honest after what you did for mum. Is it worth it?" Mia asked as Lucy looked to her and nodded. Knowing she needed to tell Carla but knew Carla would react towards it.