Chapter 1

Kloe's POV

Today's my graduation march. I can't wait to move to Australia soon with my aunt. I applied for an internship in Australia, specifically Sydney. I've always wanted to live there ever since I was a little child.

First thing I'd do is to visit the zoo, I wanna see and hold a koala, my favorite animal. Why you ask? They're very calm animals who do nothing but eat, sleep and mate. But once you've invaded their privacy, you're gonna die... literally. My spirit animal.

Then I'd go to the beach and just have a swell time. Then lastly I'd go and meet my relatives. They seem awesome and very fun people based on my dad's stories.

As the graduation ended, I was meeted by a lot of people congratulating me, especially when I graduated as a Magna Cum Laude. At the end of the crowd I saw my good friends and I rushed towards them, running carefully remembering that I am wearing high heels.

"Congratulations, Klo" my friend Glaissa cheered as my other friend Lorraine came up with her. We all huddled up in a hug. "This is it, guys. The start of our career. Congrats to us, girls!" I said. We once again cheered. "My dad is having a celebratory dinner. Would you girls love to come and join us?" Raine invited us. "I would love to but I'm gonna be catching a flight in less than 7 hours." I answered.

Having these two-syllable names is fine but we all have our nicknames and we prefer to be called by it. Mine is Klo, Glaissa's is Gly, and Lorraine's is Raine.

We all have planned our careers differently. We graduated with different courses. Raine finished Tourism and will be staying in America, Gly finished Cruiseline and will be traveling the world on a very luxurious cruise while I finished Culinary Arts and having my intern in Australia.

It will be sad to be away from these amazing girls when we have been with each other for the past 5 years. But hey, that's life. We gotta move forward. We'll have to meet in the near future.

I waved goodbye to the girls and head down to where my family is. "Kloe, We are so proud of you." My mom said as she embraced me with a hug while tears are pouring down from her face.

"This is all for you, mom, dad. I love you both so much." I said giving them a hug and tearing up as well. I finally did it. I conquered four years of research, laboratories, crying, staying up. All of it. College has drained me but it has left me with great memories to live by.

My parents and I went to the car and headed back to our house where I was welcomed by my other siblings and relatives. "Congratulations!" They all shouted. I was in awe, my mouth wide open as more tears trail off my face. "Thank you everybody" I said inviting them in a group hug.

My little sister dragged me on the side. "Congratulations, big sis. I am so proud of you." Kyle said. I embraced her in a hug and thanked her. "I have a gift for you." She said as she grins. "You didn't have to get one." I said. "But you deserve it. And this is my way of thanking you for always being there by my side when I needed someone. You've been the best big sister I could ever ask for." She said, whilst hugging me. I accepted the gift and thanked her.

I opened the box to reveal a gold necklace with a little heart pendant. "I love it so much. Thank you." "I think big bro is looking for you." She said pointing to where Kevin, our brother is. I walked all the way to where my bro is and gave him a hug.

"I'm proud of you, Kloe. You'll do amazing things. You're the talented one in the family." He said making me laugh. "We're all talented in our own ways" i said to him as he gave me a smile. He handed me a small box and insisted that I should open it. Which I did.

I was surprised. It was 2,000$ AUD. "Bro. This is too much." I said. "You deserve it. I saved up all my money and got it converted for you. It'll serve as your allowance when you get to Australia later. I thanked him a bunch of times and went to where my older sister, Kris is. The last of my siblings. "Congrats, Klo!" She said while handing me a paper bag. I opened it and revealed a set of Japanese knives. "Woah. This is amazing. Thank you so much." I cried.

Why is my family spoiling me too much? It feels like Christmas when it's literally only May. I stood up in a chair and made a toast. "Here's to all the people who believed in me, stayed by my side and encouraged me to pursue my dreams. I will never disappoint all of you. Thank you once again, to God, to my loving family, and to myself. Together we conquered oceans and now we're facing a new set of challenges. I'M GOING TO AUSTRALIA!" I cheered.

After about an hour of talking, eating and havinng fun. I went to my room and changed to some more comfortable clothes. I got out my pair of leggings and an oversized hoodie. There was a knock at the door. "It's open" I said and in comes my mom.

"Kloe are you ready to go to Australia?" She asked. "Of course. I'm finally pursuing my dream job in my dream country." I said excitedly. "Well your aunt will be there to offer you a loving home and you get to meet your cousins." She said. I nodded. "They'll be picking you up from the airport." "Thank you for everything, Mom. I love you so much." I said, hugging her once more.

"I will miss you so much." She said. "Don't make me cry." I said as tears are brimming on my eyes. "I'll be back soon. I won't forget to call." I said. "Okay. Your dad is waiting by the car. Go get your luggage. We'll drive you to the airport.

— 2 hours later —

We are now at the airport, bidding our last farewells before we seperate ways. "Bye guys! I will miss you all." I said to my family as I walk away. Little by little I see them disappear into the crowd.

I went straight and looked for my terminal. In a matter of minutes, I am now boarding the plane. It'll be a 6-hour flight. Goodbye Philippines, Hello Australia.

-