Chapter 9

Lannan's POV

Klo and I are inside the elevator and I kept thinking of what Tannar said. I don't know if I'm ready to trust another girl after the incident. I looked at Klo and saw how chill she is. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. This woman is different, I can sense it but I don't want to deal with another broken heart.

"Are you okay?" She asked. "Hm? Oh yeah I am. Are you?" I asked. "I feel great. Thank you." Her smile is too good to be true. She's just so beautiful. I can stare at her face for years. I didn't even noticed I was staring when she pointed it out. "What?" "Come on." She said as she held my hand and brought me to her car.

She insisted of driving as I sat beside her. "So where are we going today?" I asked. "Somewhere far from here." She said as we got out of the city. An hour away from sydney we've come across this wonderful sight of a very secluded beach.

"Are you ready?" She asked. I nodded as a response. We got out and brought a blanket and a picnic basket, cliche I know.

"If I know we're going to the beach we could just went somewhere near." I said. "Yep. But I wanna go somewhere with less or no people at all. I wanna get to know you as much as you want to get to know me." She said.

I laid the blanket over the sand and set the basket down. "I mean that's what you do on the first date right?" I said. She just rolled her eyes playfully and sat down. I sat down beside her.

"I made us sandwiches. I don't know what you like so I just made philly cheese steaks." She said. My eyes lit up. "Wow, I'm excited." She laughs and handed me the sandwich. "Ooh I almost forgot this." She brought the beer out.

"Isn't it a little too early to get drunk?" I said. "Sweetie we're not here to get drunk, this complements the sandwich very well." She giggled. She opened the beer and handed me a bottle. "You're amazing, you know that?" I said as I ate half of my sandwich. "Thank you so much Mr. Eacott." She said. "And this sandwich, oh my God. I can literally die now." She laughed.

We enjoyed our brunch and admired the view as we talk about our lives. I enjoyed talking about me as she listened but I enjoyed listening about her stories more. I really participated. I feel connected to her in a way.

"I love, savor and enjoyed the life that was given to me..." she sighed. Oh no, something bad happened. "But no one supported me" I saw tears brimming from her eyes. I quickly got a napkin and hand it to her.

"I'm sorry this might sound stupid." She laughed, trying to conceal the pain as she wipe the tears. "You don't have to say it if you're not ready." I said. She nodded. "I'm sorry you have to see that." She said.

"No darling, It's okay." I felt bad for her. What happened? I gave her a hug and rubbed her back. She exhaled deeply. "Let's go to the water. Such a beautiful day to swim." She said, smiling. I nodded and stood up. We changed to our swimming attires and played with the sea.

-

A few hours have passed and we're at this ice cream shop amongst the city "Now it's my turn to buy you ice cream." She said. I picked a flavor and she picked her favorite — cookies and cream. We're at this cute booth facing one another and I can't seem to keep my eyes away from her.

It's like my body says to go to her and embrace every inch of her but my mind keeps saying not now. "I appreciate all the efforts you did today" I said. "You're welcome, Lannan." We sat there for a couple of minutes. "We should go home now." She said.

We got out of the shop and went inside the car. "We should do this again another time." I said. She thought about it for a moment and smiled, "I would love to."