❦❧ Fïftëęñ ❧❦

❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦

"Miss Lauren?"

The intrusion of Miss Harris's voice, halts Lauren midway. She fully straightens to her height.

My father and I, release the breaths we were holding from fear of the near discovery. Yet we remain ever watchfully alert.

"What is it ?" Lauren inquires, irritably distracted. She begins stepping away from the button, towards the door way which Miss Harris currently occupied.

"Andrew and Susan just arrived, I've told them you're here." Miss Harris answers her with a matched attitude.

"Where the hell is Aaron? He's not in his room or office. His phone goes straight to voicemail." Lauren demands unable to mask her growing annoyance. "His daughter isn't here either, phone left on the bed."

"I figured you would have seen him by now." Miss Harris states in a puzzled tone.

"I'm worried sick and he's nowhere to be found!" Lauren continues. "Ugh! When I saw the news, I took the earliest flight back from my fashion show!"

"Don't worry Miss Lauren, I'll search the entire manor for this boy." Miss Harris attempts to console. "His car is out in the front and phone in his office..Wherever could he possibly go without his phone in these early hours?..I'll go search the guest rooms."

"Good." Lauren clears her throat as both of them exit the room, closing the door behind.

"Quick!" My father orders in a whispered voice to me. "Free yourself from my belt now !"

"I can't..you're still on top of me." I answer meekly, stating the obvious.

"Oh, right!" He shakes his head. "Hang on."

He hauls us both out from under the bed quite easily before covering his face with one hand. "Alright, hurry up! I'm not looking."

Hastily, I reach down in between us and tug at the fabric scrap of my pj shorts connecting us at his belt. Thankfully within seconds, I free it from the hook of his buckle.

"Is it safe for me to get up ?" He questions with a cautious tone, still concealing his face.

"Yes!" I'm quick to respond, attention darting towards the entrance door in fear of anyone returning just yet.

"Alright, I still got my eyes covered." He assures, arising to his height with both palms concealing his face. "Hurry, go change into something else."

"Okay!" I jump to my feet, my hand clutching the torn fabric at the front of my crotch.

"Something modest!" He warns, back facing me.

I rush towards my walk in closet and close the door behind me. Switching on the lights, my eyes frantically scour all the nightwear I owned.

Absolutely none of them were on par with my father's standards of approval. Lauren had selected all such skimpy pj's for me.

I finally opt on sliding myself into one of those regular everyday wear dresses my father had gotten for me. It didn't matter that it was not sleep wear, all I needed was something modest enough to be seen in outside of my room.