Lukas

3/6/4757                                                                                                                8:14 AM

On his way to his new job, Lukas stared intently at the massive traffic line with his dark green eyes, sweat dripping down his jet black hair nervous for he got out of law school just about 6 months ago. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. I got this...I got this...right? Lukas thought trying to calm himself. "The radio!" He exclaimed to no one. "That usually calms me down"

The radio began. "Humans are not allowed in the do-" it stopped abruptly mid-sentence, interrupting the buttery voice. A voice Morgan Freeman would be jealous of.

"What the?" Lukas quietly said in confusion. "The radio towers have been fixed for years after the rupture"

As quick as he spoke the radio turned back on resuming the wonderful voice emanating from his car speakers. Huh He thought with a shrug.

Lukas continued on the road disregarding the events that just transpired. He continued painfully slowly since the traffic was still heavy. He looked ahead, to his surprise, what seemed to be the end of the traffic. Once he reached the point in question, the thing that started the traffic, he saw a car. Only one car with one point of damage, and that was the part that was surrounding the tree. Luckily there was only one person in the car.

He was what seemed like a middle aged man with a 5 o'clock shadow and bags under his eyes. He has a grey sweat shirt and bright yellow sweatpants. A stereotypical dead beat. However Lukas isn't one to deliberately judge off first impressions, especially a three second peek through a slowly moving car window. "Dumb drunk" Lukas said under his breath retconning everything I just said

After he passed the car crash the traffic lifted and he continued on his way. The rest of the drive on IS420 was smooth...except for that one person that didn't turn on his blinkers and almost making him crash.

Lukas got to his new office at 8:58. 2 minutes early! New Record he thought to himself excitedly.

"Hmf," said a stout man coming out of a room that read 'captain's office' on it. The man looked African American with thick black hair containing defined curls. He was wearing standard attire for a captain and even a captain's badge on his chest. "You're late. But your new, right. You didn't know, I'll let it go this one time, just remember to get here at 8:45 in the future".

"Yes sir" Lukas replied promptly with a nod partly dazed by the surprise visit

"Good" the stout man replied "Hahaha" he laughed mightily after 30 seconds of silence "I guess I got right into the nitty gritty and didn't even introduce myself! I'm captain Wade"

"Hi captain, I'm Lukas. Lukas Veile"

"Well you're officer Veile now." He exclaimed with a hearty laugh Nice to meet you" he said with a powerful laugh and an outstretched tan hand afterwards.

"Nice to meet you as well captain" Lukas said in response

"Here, I'll show you your mentor." He said with a smile turning around walking promptly

Lukas followed him. He had a fast walk so it was hard keeping up maybe I'll be faster after be a cop for a while?

It wasn't a long walk but it was hard. Lukas was practically jogging.

At last he stopped. He now stood in front of a desk with a plaque that read "Corporal Michiko"

"Ah yes Mirai, she's the only one person without a mentee yet so I guess it her turn. We've been getting a lot of new officers lately. Sorry about that." He said softly with a sigh at the end. "But don't get me wrong! She's an amazing corporal" He corrected realizing how his words could be misunderstood. "She just...doesn't seem like the mentor type"

As Wade spoke a short, (comparatively since Lukas is 6' 2") thinnish woman with long jet back hair as well. Her hair cut of around halfway down her back. She had on a black shirt that read S2PDP on it wonder what that means. She also wore a leather jacket and dark ripped jeans.

"Ah speak of the devil and she shall appear!" Captain Wade said laughing. "This is corporal Michiko. Your new mentor."

"Hi nice to meet you. I hope we work well together" Lukas exclaimed with an outstretched hand and a smile on face

"Y-you too" Mirai responded shuddering being taken off guard forcing a smile.

"Well I'll let you get to work. Play nice" Wade said with a thumbs up and a smile. He walked away in his fast manor

No one said anything until Wade turned the corner. Milliseconds after he was out of sight Mirai whispered right in Lukas's face "Listen here newbie. I do thinks different from everyone else. So listen and follow. Don't do anything unless I tell you too. Kapish?"

Lukas said nothing he was just dumb founded. He thought cops were kind and strived for justice. That's what he learned in school at least.

"I'll take that as a yes. Listen here newbie, life isn't all sugar and gum drops. Life has death, life has hardships. Life is mean. Don't listen to what they tell you in school. Actually, do the opposite of what they tell ya. Now do whatever you want and get me when we have a case. I'll be out back."

Lukas had nothing to say. What is my life? Is everything a lie? Is she being mean? Does she not like me? Is my police career over right when it started? He thought frantically.

A man came up to Lukas. He was pasty white with blond hair and a badge that said Sargent Pines. "She's something eh?"

"Yea" Lukas responded blankly.

"Welp, good luck" he said with a pat on the back. "Oh wait!" He said turning back around. "Wade did have an assignment for you two. It's a drug bust. We got a call and yada yada yada just get her and go to the captain's office."

"Sure!" Lukas said with a nod ready to run and find Mirai.

Lukas eventually found the back door after a minute of searching. He exited to find Mirai pulling out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter already in hand.

"Um..." Lukas said partially intimidated and scared to interrupt her. Cigarettes are legal but Lukas didn't like them. He wanted to stay far away from them as possible. "The captain has an assignment for us" Lukas said regaining his composure.

"Yea? Ok. One minute." She blankly said not looking at Lukas activating her lighter.

Lukas's eyes got wide and he froze. He was visibly afraid. He couldn't move and a tear ran down his cheek.

"no..." He whispered after a while of Mirai just looking at him confused. "NO! DON'T GO-" He stopped abruptly, tears ran down his face and falling on the floor. The lighter was down and the cigarettes were away but Lukas was still reliving his memory.

"You ok?" Mirai responded with warm eyes but no physical form of helping Lukas up

"Sorry" Lukas said getting up on his own

"Lets go."