Chapter 1- The Instigator

Part 1

There's a word for teenage girls when it comes to first becoming interested in boys and that word is—
Ignorant.

I'm all for female empowerment and what not but we have all had our hours of weakness when it came to boys.

Flashback to junior year Ty—-

I had just started at a new school and knew absolutely no one. Me and my younger sister Kenny , as I called her, were a couple of black sheep; by that I mean we were a couple of mixed girls in a school filled to the brim by white people.

We were positively and utterly lost in every sense. Knew no one, knew nothing about anything. Lost.

Even worse, being the minority at a school where kids grew up knowing each other since kindergarten meant no one was willing to venture out to the dark side, if you know what I mean.

That made for a VERY harsh transition.

As time went by things got easier, soccer finally came into season and that meant a team of girls that had to talk to me.

Kenny even managed to catch herself a, somewhat decent mixed boy named Joe, to date.

Things had finally begun to settle down and the transition became just a bit easier. That was, of course, until Otis.

I could simply say that Otis was tall, dark, and handsome but that would be a complete and utter lie

I could also say that he was a piece of dried up shit that would forever stain the carpet of my life, but that's a little harsh don't you think?

Yes, in the end he was a horrible human being who would forever emotionally scar me but at least homeboy knew how to rock my shit.

Allow me to start from the beginning; Ladies and gents this is the story of how Otis Lambert took my virginity.

~

"Do you guys know who this guy is?", I said as I stared in confusion at my phone.

The girl who sat at my table in art glanced down with realization.

"Omg yes I know who that is! He goes to our school. He's so hot", she replied.

Granted I'm sure this girl would think any remotely decent guy would be smoldering hot, I felt a certain satisfaction over the fact that a guy at this school felt the need to add me personally on snapchat.

Trying to play it cool I simply responded with a, "oh okay, cool".

The next couple of days I received no further communication between me and the mysterious boy named Otis, of all things, that added me on snapchat.

Kenny and I had decided to go to McDonald's after school with Joe, just to do something.

"Oh my god Christian what's up?", Kenny immediately said as we walked in.

It was Christian, one of me and Kenny's first friends we had made when we moved.

"Hey what's up you guys", he responded.

"Nothing much just hungry as fuck", Joe replied.

We all decided to sit down outside and enjoy cool, sunny weather.

To capture the moment and weird coincidence of running into Christian I thought I might as well post a video of the gang all hanging out.

(Quite possibly my first mistake)

What I didn't know was that along with Christian, Otis also played soccer, and was well acquainted with him.

*Otis Lambert is typing...
*Snap from Otis Lambert

"Interesting...", I thought to myself. I wondered what this could possibly be about.

I stared at my phone wondering if I really wanted to open and respond a mere thirty seconds after he'd sent the message.

"Fuck it", I thought. My curiosity got the better of me.

"Is that Christian? Lmfao that man is so funny", it read.

"Yeah lol, you know Christian", I quickly responded.

"Yeah I play soccer with him".

Shock, excitement, and even more curiosity. I know it sounds cheesy but a soccer boy. It has always been the perfect fantasy to date a soccer player. Think of all the cute and romantic soccer dates, where you could hit the fields and kick around.

"You play soccer?", I nonchalantly asked even though I felt giddy inside.

"Yeah, you play?"

"Yeah I do", I quickly and I mean quickly responded.

In my mind I'd it the fucking jackpot, granted I knew very few details about him.

All I did know was:
a.) he played soccer,
b.) he was friends with my friend,
c.) he was black, not like I had a preference but the idea of any other black person at our school in itself was a miracle, and
d.) he added me on snapchat, which in teenage social code meant the he was interested.

Coming from a girl who had barely received an inkling of male attention in six months boy oh boy was I—yes— desperate and ignorant.

From the moment on we made a practice out of communicating through snapchat. This of course was only the beginning.