Snow Part 1

The young man pushed the hair out of his face as he waited outside the train station. He felt the phone buzz in his pocket and briefly ignored it as he looked at the train behind him. Shaking his head he pulled out his phone and gave a small smile seeing who he was waiting for messaged him.

Kitten: What platform are you on?

JB: 6. I am at the end in front of the building.

Kitten: Okay.

He could feel the sadness in her words. She was always bubbly and smiling at him but lately, her smile had faded. He hated seeing her normally enchanting emerald eyes so dark. She was his one true weakness; not that he would ever tell her that. He couldn’t take that chance. He looked back at the train. It was why he was here now with his girlfriend of only two weeks. He knew it wasn’t right and the right girl was walking up to him with her hair poking out of her hoodie that was pulled up around her. The snow had started falling about twenty minutes ago. It seemed to cling to her like it adored her just as much as he did.

He tucked his hands in his jacket as he waited for her to walk up to him.

She let out a slow unsteady breath as she walked. She was starting to lose her nerve but she was tired of him worrying about her. Her heart was broken but what could she do? Tell him she was in love with him? No. She couldn’t handle that rejection. It was hard enough being his best friend and watching him fall in and out of…whatever it was he was in with these silly girls. She was determined to just let him go on this silly holiday trip with this silly new girl and spend her first Christmas in Seoul alone. She had her cats and her Christmas tree. She was going to make a small meal and work on her solo album. She wouldn’t cry a single tear over this…again.

She saw the handsome GOT7 leader standing in front of the train station building in his yellow winter coat. His dark hair was not styled and hung just above his almond shaped eyes that never failed to make her heart flutter. She walked with even more determination. She had to send him off to her like this. She had to. He would never want a girl like her anyway; an American rock singer with tattoos and piercings. Her hair was too dark and her skin too pale. Her eyes were too green and her stature too short. She was not the girl for him.

He looked at her as she made her way through the crowd in her simple black GOT7 hoodie that he had given her as a gift from their Eyes on You World Tour. She wore simple black skinny jeans and black doc martins that laced up in red laces. Just like this, with her hair peeking out from the hood around her catching the snowflakes as they fell made his heart flutter. She was too pretty for words. He had thought of meeting her half way but he didn’t want to lose sight of the train either.

“Kitten.” He said smiling at her.

She gave him a small smile. “J.” She said as he hugged her tightly.

“I haven’t seen you in two days.” He pouted. “I didn’t think you were going to show.”

“I almost didn’t.” She bent her head.

“What’s going on with you? You’re never like this.” He said sadly. “What did I do?”

She shook her head. “Nothing. I am just fine. I just needed sometime alone. I had to…process some things.”

He looked at her. He could tell she had been crying and he hated that. He brushed her cheek. “You’ve been crying so don’t lie to me.”

“I am fine, J. Why did you want to meet me here anyway?” She looked up at him. “Shouldn’t you be sitting in there all snuggled up to her giggling in blissful ignorance?”

He met her eyes. He crinkled his nose. He bent his head. “I want you to come with us. I don’t like the thought of you being alone on Christmas.”

“And be the third wheel? No thanks. I will be just fine alone.” She said looking up at him.

“I would never let you feel that way.” He said smiling down at her. “We could go skiing and have hot chocolate. We could even have one of our epic snowball fights. We can exchange presents and everything. Come with us.”

She closed her eyes. If it was just the two of them sure she wouldn’t hesitate, but…she couldn’t be around…that; the two of them in blissful, lustful ignorance while she sat on the couch listening to it all. “I am flattered you thought of me in all this but I think I will just stay here. I would only be in the way. I don’t want…”She stopped herself.

His heart was breaking. He wanted nothing more than for her to go and change his mind. His heart was begging for it. “Don’t want what?”

“Isn’t this the first time you two are really going to be alone?” She said with flustered cheeks.

He flustered and looked down. He never thought of that.

“Besides I don’t really want anything for Christmas.” She said with a sad smile.

He met her eyes.

“I never get what I want anyway.” She looked down at her boots. It was easier sometimes than looking him in the eyes. Her heart always fluttered.

He could feel the tears in his eyes. He didn’t like being rejected by her. This was the first time she had ever said no to him. It stung. He blinked as the tears fell anyway. “Why would you say that? What could you want that you never get?”

She looked up at him and gave him a small smile before standing on her toes and kissing his lips.

The suddenness of her lips on his shocked him at first. Her lips just pressed on his gently. She was soft and warm. She tasted sweet like the strawberries he loved so much.

She backed away just as quickly. “You.” She said simply. “Go, she’s waiting for you.” She backed away still looking at him but only for a moment before she turned around.

His body was slow moving. He was still reeling from the kiss. His lips still tingled and wanted more of her presence there. He shook his head as she backed away. He reached for her as she turned away. “Myke.” He said too late. She was gone.~