Chapter One

TROYE

The rain falls in sheets, pelting the sidewalk and my cold limbs. I pull my hoodie tighter around me as I walk along the street. The occasional car speeds by, splashing me with a wave of freezing water.

Cold.

Alone.

Darkness.

How did I get here?

"Get out of my house!" my mom screamed. "I won't have a sinner living in my dwelling!"

"B-But Mom," I was sobbing, "I'm your son."

"I don't care!" She pushed me out the door. "Don't come back!"

I had just told my mom about my sexuality. I knew my parents were very religious, but I hoped they'd support me.

They didn't.

Now here I was. No home, no career, no family.

I stop by a TV store where a mob of fangirls was shown protesting on a TV. The caption reads "Internet Sensation Troye Mellet Disappears".

My parents deleted my YouTube channel. That was my life and my whole career.

What am I supposed to do?

It's too cold outside to sleep here.

I yank at the cars lined up along the sidewalk. The doors don't budge.

Frustrated, I continue down the road. A silver Porsche glides to a stop next to me.

A middle-aged man rolls down the window. "You need a place to stay, boy?"

I nod.

"Get in." I climb into the passenger seat and find a towel and blanket on the floor in front of me. The man nods to me as he steers the car down the road. I wrap the towel around me, and layer the blanket over it.

"Th-Thank you," I stammer, my teeth chattering from the cold. "My name is T--"

"I know who you are." The man cuts me off. "You can call me Cobra."

My eyes widen. Cobra is the name of a pimp that the authorities are desperately trying to chase down.

"Why did--Why did you--"

"Why did I pick you up?" Cobra doesn't even blink. "Men would pay a lot for a young twink like you."

I flinch. "But--I don't want to--"

The car jerks to a stop. "Look kid, it's this or the streets. Take your pick. I give my workers good living conditions, you'll be fine."

What other choice do I have? Robbery? Begging?

"Alright. I'll stay." I say slowly.

"Get out then. We're here."

I open the car door and find myself staring at a fancy two-story house, the kind you see in movies.

Cobra opens the door and gestures inside. "After you."

What have I gotten myself into?

{Okay hyelloh guys, it's Julia! this is my new story and I will try to keep it longer than my first one.

Also! I will be posting sneak peeks on my Tumblr before posting it here, so follow me on Tumblr at @it-me-julia !

Vote!

Comment!

Follow!

💕ILY

-Julia}