Chapter Nine

CONNOR
Fuck. Just fuck it.

I angrily throw my empty cup down a dark alleyway, storming past to my apartment.

"Screw it!" I scream.

I'm just so fucking pissed. Pissed at the world, at Tyler, at myself. Why the hell can't I just get a fucking job? Or a boyfriend?

I slam the door shut behind me, not caring about accidentally waking up the old lady next door. I lean back against the door, running my hands through my hair and recalling the little incident.

"You what?"
His hands were thrown up in a defensive position. "They offered me a good-paying job, of course I took it."
"Tyler, I can't pay these bills on my own!"
"Your problem."
"What the fuck do you mean 'your problem'?!"
He rolled his eyes, picking up his bags and loading them into the taxi. "I mean we're done. I don't need to worry about your fucking bills."
He gets inside the taxi, and closes the door, but not before tossing a shiny object over his shoulder. The tiny gold band clattered at my feet, and the taxi was gone.
I picked up the ring. The ring that matched mine. Our promise rings.

I slide to the floor, my head in my hands. It wasn't my fault.

Was it?
I need to clear my mind.

Tyler always said that I got tense when I was sex-deprived.

I got up and opened my laptop, to a page that Tyler had shown me when we were still together. A site I was always too scared to visit.

I scroll through the list, selecting the only boy on the menu with blazing blue eyes. Maybe the memory of... What was his name? Troye? Maybe the memory of him will help me forget. I click "reserve" and, without looking at the rest of the face, close my laptop. I'll wait until tonight.

TROYE

God.

Lacie was so fucking annoying. I kept avoiding her questions, until another girl arrived, Melissa, and Lacie left to chat her up.

And praise The Lord for that.

I became so lost in my thoughts that I jumped out of my seat when Cobra yelled, "TROYE! CUSTOMER!"

Crap. Again?

I trudge slowly down the stairs, fixing my quiff so I look somewhat presentable, and opening the door.

Sometimes luck really hates me.

Connor is standing in the doorway.

{Aayyyeee new update! Whoop dee doo!
Anyway, I hope you like this chappie, and I'll hopefully update sometime this weekend!
I
Cherish
You
my lovelies!
Bye!
Julia💕}