Beautiful With You

Hey guys! I know it's not Ghost Love Floor (I'm kind of stuck on that one right now) but here's a little something for you while you're waiting. Please don't kill me, I swear more stuff is coming very soon.

-Raven

Simone walked slowly across the lobby of the hotel and into the elevator with her bandmates. All of them were quiet, since they were tired from having just played a two-and-a-half-hour show, but Simone was wishing she were somewhere else, somewhere far away, where she could be safe from cruel "fans" who said nasty things about her. The man's words still echoed through her head, taunting her, making her want to cry and press her hands over her ears so she couldn't hear them. He had made rude comments about her weight, saying she looked chubby, and also making fun of Simone because she was a lesbian.

How could anyone be so hurtful? she thought, leaning against the wall of the elevator with her head down so that no one could see the tears glistening in her eyes. The doors opened and the six walked down the hall to their rooms. Simone slid her keycard into the slot in the door of room 237 and went inside. Floor, who was lying in bed, opened her eyes when Simone entered the room.

"Hey, Simone," she said, smiling at the other woman. Simone gave her a little wave, then went into the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. When she was finished with that, she went back into the bedroom and started digging through her suitcase for her pajamas. As she was pulling her shirt on over her head, she suddenly burst into tears. Floor's arms were around her in an instant, holding her close, her hands resting on Simone's pregnant belly. "Sweetheart, what's wrong? What is it?" she whispered, kissing Simone's cheek. Simone turned and hid her face in Floor's shoulder.

"There...there was...a nasty guy," she sobbed, clinging to her wife. Floor stroked her hair lovingly.

"What did he do?" she asked.

"He...he said mean things about me, calling me...calling me fat and stuff," Simone sniffled. "And he was rude about our relationship, too." She felt Floor's hands clench at that, her muscles going taut with fury.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there," Floor murmured. "I would have shut him up. Nobody gets away with hurting my wife like that."

"Oh, I love you, Floor," Simone whispered. She softly kissed the brunette. "You make me feel better just by hugging me." Floor smiled and kissed back, pulling Simone a little closer. Then she picked the redhead up bridal style and carried her over to the bed. She lay down next to her and draped an arm over the smaller woman reassuringly. Simone snuggled up to her and closed her eyes. Soon, she felt much better, and was able to fall asleep.

She woke several hours later to tiny feet kicking the walls of her stomach. Groaning a little, she laid her hand on her belly.

"Couldn't you have let me sleep a little longer?" she muttered, but she was happy. She liked feeling the baby kick. Floor stirred and murmured,

"What time is it?" Simone glanced at the clock.

"7:02," she answered. Floor groaned.

"I don't want to get up now," she muttered.

"Me neither," Simone said. "But baby here has decided it's time to get up." Floor groaned again, lifted her head long enough to grab her pillow, then flopped back down and put the pillow over her head. "Oh, you're real helpful!" Simone exclaimed, sitting up. "You try being six months pregnant."

"Maybe someday," Floor mumbled. "Not right now." Simone grabbed her own pillow, whacked Floor with it, and said,

"Well, if I have to be up, so do you. This is your kid too. The least you could do is be sympathetic."

"Hey, I am sympathetic, there's just nothing I can do," Floor answered, taking the pillow off her head. "I cannot convince the baby to let you sleep."

"But you could—oh, never mind!" Simone said, giving up. "Be that way. I'm starving, I'm going to go get some breakfast."

"Hey, wait for me!" Floor said, sitting straight up in bed. Simone laughed. She leaned over and kissed the other woman.

"Okay, but baby and I want our food. You better hurry." Laughing, the two of them got out of bed and got dressed. They went downstairs to the restaurant in the lobby and had pancakes and eggs and coffee. Simone, sitting across one of the little tables from Floor, studied her wife's face for a moment, then got an idea. She ran her finger along the edge of her plate, where some maple syrup had collected, then dabbed Floor's nose with it. Floor dropped her fork, cursed, and picked it up.

"Simone, what is wrong with you?" she asked when she came back to the table, carrying a clean fork. Simone laughed.

"You look funny," she giggled. Floor rolled her eyes and wiped the maple syrup off her nose with a napkin. She ate another bite of pancake, then suddenly stuck her finger in the strawberry sauce on her plate and gave Simone a pink stripe across one cheek with it. "You!" Simone said, trying to wipe it off, but Floor was too quick and smeared more sauce on her other cheek. "Cut it out, this is a public place," Simone ordered, trying to clean the strawberry sauce off her face. Floor picked up her coffee cup and took a sip, innocently batting her blue eyes at Simone over the top of it.

"You started it," she said, setting the cup down.

"You could have ended it," Simone answered.

"But I didn't," Floor said.

"Exactly, and you wonder why I get annoyed with you," Simone said, gesturing with her own cup as if to prove her point. She noticed a couple of girls staring at them. "Now look what you did!" she hissed at Floor, who frowned.

"What?" Simone jerked her head in the direction of the girls. Floor glanced toward them and shrugged.

"So?"

"They're looking at us," Simone said.

"Probably trying to figure out if we really are Floor Jansen and Simone Simons," Floor said.

"And wondering why the heck we're acting like children," Simone added.

"Hey, you started it," Floor reminded her. Simone rolled her eyes.

"Okay, okay, I get it," she laughed. Floor watched her, so much love filling her heart that it actually ached a little. She loved when Simone laughed. Her whole face lit up, her eyes sparkled, and she looked so pretty.

"You are beautiful, Simone," she murmured. Simone smiled at her.

"Aw, thank you." She reached across the table and touched Floor's cheek. Floor leaned into the touch, Simone's smile mirrored on her face. "So are you, love." Floor took her hand.

"I love you so much, you know?" Simone's smile widened.

"I know."