1

9:37 ᴀᴍ
April 4, 2015

Dear Diary,

     Today the Governor assigned me to a task force named Five-0.  Apparently, Commander Lieutenant Steve McGarrett manages the task force. I accepted knowing the costs and consequences of being on the job. Let's hope Steve will be able to accept me. See you next time diary.

Signed by:
Lexis Kim Zhang

--♦--

After I finished my entry, I got into my car ready to meet the Governor at Five-0's HQ. Once I got there I met up with Governor Denning.

"Are you ready?" Governor Denning asked. 

"I could be better. I mean, I'm a random person joining a rather dangerous task force," I said as we were walking up to the office.

"Don't worry about it. If he has a problem, he comes to me," he says and we walk in.

A guy comes out of an office in the corner. He looks rather handsome, dashing if I might say.

"Governor Denning, what are you doing here and who's this?" he asks. I'm guessing he's Steve McGarrett.

"This is Lexis Zhang. She'll be joining your task force," Denning says. McGarrett looks at me as I look at the floor.

"Well, are you sure. She looks like she's 15," he says. Tch everyone says that.

"Why judge me by my looks, when you haven't got to know me?" I say. He looks taken back, probably shocked how I responded.

"Oh, she speaks. Well first off how old are you?" McGarrett asks.

"Well I'm 25 for your information and yes I have lived in Hawaii," I say.

"Well I have to go to a meeting, take care of her well McGarrett," Denning says before taking off.

As he leaves, I look back at McGarrett and see him staring at me. He looks at me with curiosity and shocked that random person will be joining the team.

"We have a case, come on," he says.

We get into his truck and we drive to the case. On the way, I admire the beautiful island of Hawaii. I look at Steve and look away when we made eye contact. Embarrassing.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," he says and I look at him to see that he has a smirk on his face.

"Tch. Typical egoistic bastard," I thought. Once we arrived I immediately get out and head over.

"Hey, boss, who's this?" a woman with short brown hair said.

"This is our new addition from Governor Denning: Meet Lexis Zhang," Steve said as if he hates me. 

"Hi Lexis, I'm Kono. it's nice to meet you," she said smiling.

"Likewise," I said smiling as well.

"You'll meet Danny, Grover, and Chin soon. Now that we got introductions out of the way, what happened here?" Steve said. Jeez, what got his panties in a twist- oh wait, it's me.

"Alright, all we know is that it's an execution-style gunshot to the head. The victim's name is Daniel Harper, a 45-year-old widowed father of two," Kono said.

"We have any suspects or witnesses?" I asked.

"We have one witness," Kono paused. "It's his daughter. She's 16"