4

April 6, 2015
8:56 pm

Dear Diary,

    Today was our day off. You know, Steve is something else. Whenever I’m with him, it’s like I never want to leave his side. It’s so weird, I’ve never really felt like this before. I just hope I can figure this out before I get heartbroken.

Sincerely,
Lexis Kim Zhang

It’s the next day, and our day off. Right now it’s 8am, and I’m jogging. Somehow I made it into Steve’s neighborhood. I decided to head over to his house. Once I’m there, I knock but get no answer so I decided to go through the back.

There was a beach chair with a towel. I took a seat on the chair watching him surf. I decided to scroll through social media waiting for him.

“Hey Bea- uh Lexis, what are you doing here?” I hear him say. I looked up, “I was jogging and ended up in the neighborhood.” He almost called me beautiful, but I decided not to bug him about it.

“Oh.. come follow me inside,” I follow as so, “Let me get freshened up and I’ll take you home so you could do the same.” I nodded and took a seat in the living room. Looking around, I notice his house is really good. Better than mine anyway. After a few minutes, he comes back.

“Ready to go?” he says. “Yup,” I said in response. He took me home so I could get freshened up. After that, we decided to get food from Kamekona’s.

“Oi, big guy,” Steve says. I chuckle as Steve’s voice changes a bit. “You want the usual?” Kamekona asks him, Steve responds. “Whoo la la, who’s this,” Kamekona gestures to me. I laugh, “Hello, I’m Lexis.”

“Nice nice,” he says, “What do you want to eat?” I chuckle a bit and order my food. After doing so, Steve and I went to take a seat.

“So is this what you do on your days off?” I ask smugly. “Yup, pretty much,” he says. I nod as I look over the beach.

“Hey Steve, wasn’t expecting to see you here,” a voice calls out. I look and she looks absolutely beautiful. By the way Steve was acting, they had history.

“Uh.. Catherine, hey. It’s great to see you, too,” he says. As they hug, I look back over at the beach, minding my business. “Hey Lexis, this is Catherine. Catherine, this is Lexis,” he introduces us.

“Hi, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” I said with a smile on my face. She returns the favor and I feel like she doesn’t like me so I retract my hand. “Pleasure to meet you too,” she smiles.

Kamekona comes by with our food, just then my phone rings. I see it’s Kono so I text her that I’ll be on my way to her.

I look up and Steve is staring, “It was Kono,” I said. He nodded, “You want to take your food with you?” I nodded. I take my food and look past Steve to see Kono in her car. I smile at the three, and walk to the car.

I get in the car and Kono gives me this look. “What?” I asked, looking at her.

“Nothing, nothing,” she says as she drives off. “It must be something if you’re looking at me like that.”

“You have a crush on him, don’t you?” I look at her wide-eyed.

“What? No I don’t,” I said looking out the window.

She looks over to give me a ‘don’t lie to me’ look. “Okay, so what? He’s got a girl and as long as he’s happy, I’m happy.” 

“You’ve never noticed how he looks at you?” Kono says.

I shook my head. There was no way Steve would like me back, there couldn’t. When Catherine came by, his eyes sparkled up, as if she was the only woman in the world.

“Look, we all know he likes you. He’s just stubborn. And Catherine? She comes, leaves, and expects Steve to go back to her as if she didn’t leave his heart broken.” she says.

“Yeah well,” she cuts me off. “Yeah well nothing. You better tell him before it’s too late.”

***

I apologize for the lack of updates and this short chapter. Since online school started, its been hard to find time to write. I know it's not an excuse but I now can't promise when updates are gonna come out. Also I'd like to add that this story won't exactly follow the show's timeline. That's all from me. So please wear your masks, wash your hands daily and stay safe. ❤