Chapter 4

"I can't believe you!" I exclaimed to my brother, Eros. "Why are you dragging me into this?"

We were flying over Stiix because Eros heard a myth about some "super cool" haunted genie teapot. And now I have to babysit him because knowing him, he will do something dumb. 

"Relax sis, it's just a genie teapot. What harm could it do?" 

I sighed. He did not just say that. "Now we're in for it." 

Eros ignored me and instead zipped toward the ground- well, it was more of a pile of junk. By the way, we're not supposed to come down from the clouds unless we need to shoot arrows. We aren't supposed to let humans see us, and it would be a bit strange for them to see us. Luckily it's nighttime. Anyways, I followed him... because I had to. 

"So why does my evil brother need an ancient teapot?" I asked as he was digging through the junk, coming up with odds and ends. 

"Because I have the perfect match and I need an evil genie to help me make it come true." I rolled my eyes. Did I mention that he's an evil shipper? Literally. He matches villains with the love of their life. Master Chen and Skylor's mom? That was him. Garmadon and Misako? That was also him. With a little help from me of course. 

"Aha!" he shouted triumphantly holding up a teapot. 

"What are you gonna do? Rub it until a genie pops out?"

He laughed and flew away to a little wooden shack. At least he still knows how to take cover. He was staring at the golden teapot with great interest. 

"Look," he mumbled. I watched over his shoulder. " If I turn it this way and this that way and-" The teapot started to glow. Eros dropped it in shock. It rolled over to a corner where a dust cloud was forming. I stared at the figure who rose from the dust. He was floating with a cloudy orange tail and a single black ponytail for hair.  

"I... am... free? Where am I? What year is it?" the man demanded getting way too close to me and Eros. I instinctively took a step back, but Eros just stood where he was and smirked. 

"Nadakhan. The djin." Eros said, still standing. 

"Ah, you know my name," Nadakhan said. "I'm assuming you want your three wishes?" 

Wishes? Well, that is what a genuine- well in his case djin- grants. But we were taught to be careful what we wish for very young, so I know that Eros was not here for the wishes. 

"I don't need wishes. I want your help."

Oh great. How poorly is this gonna go?

"I work with my crew, and my crew alone!" he exclaimed. "Where can I find them?" Nadakhan demanded. 

"You'll find out soon enough," Eros replied. "And if you work with me, you can find everything you want faster. Including-" Eros took out a photo of someone and showed it to the djin.

"De-de-de..." he tried to spit out.

"Not Delara. But you know very well that she can be." 

What!? Now I'm really starting to wonder who this girl is.

"Who is it?" I ask out of curiosity. Nadakhan turned toward me, as if only now just realizing that I was there.

"Am I supposed to work with you too?" he asked, handing me the photo.

"No, I'm just here because-" I start to say. Then I glanced down at the picture. It was-

"Eros! You-you can't do that!" I shout at him.