Chapter Seventeen

She lay in a fitful sleep in the dimly lit room. The TV flickered in the background. A slim figured, woman appeared touching her gently and flit around the room. "Poor child" she said under her breath. She seemed to be in such a distressful state tonight. The woman walked over to the laptop on the stand next to the TV. She clicked the next series, checked on the girl again, and left the room closing the door behind her. Around the room, soft beeps and hums of machines whirred in the night. Rhythmic pulsing came from a machine supplied air supply that made her chest heave and concave. An IV dripped saline into her waiting veins. She had been here along time, holding the throne in this purgatory in her mind and body. 

On the screen, a young man with an infectious laugh darted about. His shiny brunette hair being tosseled about; fingers running constantly through his mane. Another video in a series that seemed to calm her in these unfortunate circumstances. Her eyes shot open; shriveled body tensed. She locked her diamond eyes on those of that beautiful boy; his of piercing ocean blue. 

 "Love you! See you next time" he said from the screen. A kiss from his perfect lips thrown into a peace sign towards the camera. And then he was gone.  

 A monitor cried out into the night breaking the silence in the hospital.   

A sharp breath had slid between her lips and into her lungs. A single tear rolled down her smooth cheek. She pushed back. And was gone.