005.

"i don't want you hanging out with those boys" kalvin looked over from the road briefly to start conversation in the apoplectic car. i redirected my attention from the picture of zion on my screen that i just happened to scroll upon as he started the conversation, not exactly making the argument i was preparing any superior on my end.

"why not?" i fired back. i didn't plan on speaking to any of them, anytime soon. especially after what happened earlier.

"because i said so. you've grown up and.. developed." the way he let the last word slide from his lips made it seem like it was painful for him to say. he spent a brief second to recover from his own vexing words.

"and im also 16, well aware of who i am, and i love myself enough to be in a relationship, yet alone befriend a group of boys," i challenged.

kalvin let out an exasperated sigh, he was short-tempered and i could sense his outburst approaching. "you only just got here, I know how the boys here function. i know what they want and the things they'd do to get what they want. you don't."

he was getting angry and my first instinct was to exacerbate. i have no reason to but it gave me some sort of completion.

"i do as well, and i know how to protect myself"

"you really don't kai. i don't feel like doing this with you, you're not hanging with them and that's it," he grunted.

i knew not to push anymore because of the bulging veins in his neck. but that doesn't mean i'd listen.