Chapter 4 [This is Strange]

Darius POV

"Thank you, Doc. Until next time," said my female patient as she gently touched my chest.

I smiled and closed the door behind her as she left. I put my uniform back on.

That was exhausting.

I glanced at the wall clock, it was already 8:30pm. We must have taken longer. [Author's Note: Please Don't ask what they did ;)]

My nurses had already left, and I was the only one left in the clinic. Well, I planned it that way.

When I was done fixing myself, I grabbed my car keys from the table and headed outside.

While locking up the door of my clinic, I heard a loud noise coming from above. When I looked up, I saw a light. I focused my vision on it and realized that it was a crashing spacecraft about to crash in my direction.

My eyes widened, and I quickly ducked as it passed overhead and crashed behind my clinic. I swiftly ran towards its location, which was a bit of a distance from the clinic.

I hadn't reached it yet, but I could feel the heat emanating from the spacecraft. I took my cellphone from my pocket to call the emergency team, but before I could dial, I noticed some movement from its window. Immediately, I had the urge to go inside because there was a sign of life.

I sprinted inside and was shocked to see two unconscious women, one of whom was coughing due to suffocation. I picked her up and carried her outside before returning to retrieve the other woman.

I noticed something unusual about their attire, but I didn't dwell on it for now. I brought them one by one inside the clinic. I called the emergency team, and they were on their way. I knew the spacecraft wouldn't explode since it was already halfway damaged, with the engines gone.

I laid them on hospital beds and fetched a first aid kit to treat their injuries. One of the women had bleeding from the side, so I cut the fabric of her jumper around her abdomen to tend to it.

After treating them, I needed to clean or wipe their bodies.

Even though I'm a doctor, and it's not new for me to see a naked lady, I still respect their bodies. I haven't obtained their permission to do it, and besides, I have an option.

I called my cousin.

"Hello, Levs?"

"Yes, Dars? Why did you call?"

"I need your help. Can you come to the clinic right now?"

"At this time? Seriously?"

"You know that I wouldn't bother you if it wasn't important."

"Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Thank you." Then I hung up the phone.

I noticed that the red-headed girl was saying something, but I couldn't hear it well, so I approached her and leaned down to listen.

"Ella..."

She keeps repeating that name and eventually stopped. I looked at her and realized that she doesn't look that bad, she's just covered in dirt then I look at her uniform again. Strange.

"Crap!" I exclaimed in surprise as someone knocked loudly on the door. I locked it because I didn't want any unwanted guests. I closed the room where the two of them were and headed to the main door.

Police.

"Good evening, Dr. Segovia," one of them greeted me. I noticed there were around 30 police cars and three ambulances outside. I was puzzled. There were so many of them.

"There are a lot of you, aren't there?" I asked.

"It's for security, Doc" they replied.

"We need to interview you, Doc, for the reports on what happened," one of them said, calling over a policewoman who had a camera pointed at me.

They started questioning me, and I calmly answered all of them until they showed me a paper with a picture of six individuals. Three women and three men wearing the same uniform.

I noticed that two of these girls were the ones inside my clinic.

How did they know what the people inside the spacecraft looked like? And who are the others in the picture?

"Did you see them?" the police officer asked seriously.

Hmm.

"No, I didn't. I didn't approach the spacecraft because I thought it might explode, so I went inside the clinic to call you immediately," I lied.

I knew they had a hidden agenda.

They brought three ambulances, so it seemed like they were expecting three people inside the spacecraft. And there were so many police cars, as if some serial killers had escaped. The two women in the picture were the ones I treated.

"Are you sure?" he asked, not believing my answer.

"Excuse me?" I said, acting offended.

"I-I'm sorry, Doc" he quickly apologized.

"CHIEF!" one of the police officers shouted as he approached us. "They said they found the other two, this woman and this man" he pointed to a woman and a man in the picture.

"We still need to find the other four. Did you check everything?" the chief asked.

"Yes, sir! Everything is clear," the officer replied.

The chief turned back to me and glanced inside my clinic, which had a glass door.

"Can I have that?" I pointed to the pictures. "In case I see or recognize them, I'll call you right away."

He seemed to believe me and handed me the paper. We shook hands, and they left.

"Dars!" Levvy called me.

"Right on time," I said as we entered inside.

"Why did you call me this late?" she asked, annoyed as she sat on a chair.

"I need you to clean them," I opened the door to the room.

"Clean who?" she asked, puzzled, and entered the room. "What the?!"

"Don't ask anything yet. I called you to clean them because you're a nurse and a woman."

"But how..." she started to speak again, but I cut her off.

"Clean them first," I said, closing the door before she could ask any more questions.

I sat down and stared at the pictures on the paper. I had a strong feeling that something was really wrong here. If my suspicion was correct, it could change everything, and I wouldn't be surprised why there were so many police cars and ambulances here. They must have known that something strange was happening.

After a moment, the door to the room suddenly opened, and Levvy looked at me in shock.

"Hey? What's wrong?" I asked, curious about her expression.

"Come here," she said, her eyes still wide open.

I entered the room and stood beside her, where a woman with the red hair was lying on her stomach. When I saw the reason why Levvy was so shocked.

I caressed the woman's back.

"Check the other girl," I demanded to Levvy.

She immediately examined the back of the brunette woman and looked at me.

Levvy shook her head, her eyes still wide open.

My nervousness overwhelmed me, but I suddenly smirked while caressing my hair.

I was right.

My suspicion was correct.

-----------------

Please like, comment & share! :)