#5 - Daniel Ricciardo

This one is for danricciardo3 , hope you like it!

"I'm worried about you"

———

You have never been this nervous. Today is the day your life can change, or it'll stay the same. You're in Abu Dhabi, ready to finish a season. You're racing for Carlin in Formula 2, next to Lando Norris. Being a female driver, it comes with a lot of problems, judgement. Luckily, you can always count on the support of your loving boyfriend, Daniel. He himself is finishing the season today.

If you win this last race, you'll be the World Champion. Both of your components have already secured seats in Formula 1 next year, you haven't.

Daniel is standing next to you on the grid, as you get ready to get it. "Will you be safe, please?" he softly asks after giving you a good luck kiss. "I always am. I just have to win!" You're starting from P4, there are chances. You just have to be smart. "I'm worried about you." You look at Daniel. He is softly biting on his lower lip. You stand on your tippy toes, kissing him lovingly. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine" Daniel nods slowly, letting you be.

When you cross the finish line in P2, tears of frustration roll down your cheeks. You have never been this disappointed, you were so close. You park your car on the 2 position, walking over to your team. You watch as George Russell jumps into his team, he is the Champion of this year. Daniel is behind the fences, quickly moving to you. "I'm proud of you!" You send him a small smile, not feeling like talking about it. You collect the trophy for second place in the race.

About an hour later, you're showered and changed. You're standing in Daniel's garage, ready for the last race of the season. His last race for Red Bull as well. He's been emotional all weekend, hugging team members left and right. He walks towards you, hugging you. "I just want to say another time that I'm proud of you. You might not be the champion, but you're my champion. I love you" you can't help but smile widely at him. "I love you too, Dan." The race starts half an hour later, Daniel giving it his all. When Daniel crosses the finish line, you can see team members a bit sad. Simon, his race engineer, looks emotional, talking to Daniel on the radio. He goes through the normal routine; getting weight, meeting up with his press officer and going through the interviews. You decided to wait for him in his drivers cabine. You're scrolling through your social media, until the door opens. Daniel's wide smile is the first thing you notice. You had expected him to be sad, but he doesn't look sad. "Are you okay?" You ask him, accepting his sweaty hug and kiss. "I am! Did you enjoy the race?" You frown, but nod anyway. "Aren't you a little sad?" Daniel stops with what he's doing, turning to you. "Maybe a little, but also just relieved" "I'm worried about you." You tell him. He starts chuckling, walking over to you. "Don't worry about me." He repeats your words from earlier, his smile on his face. "We'll be okay, together." "We'll be okay."