#23 - Daniel Ricciardo

Requested by ZoeDoesF1

"Is that a tattoo?"

———

After doubting for about 3 years, you finally did it today. With a proud smile on your face, you walk out of the tattoo shop. Sure, it had hurt, but you're too excited to care. You know Daniel will be home later in the afternoon, you still have 2 hours before that. You walk back to your car, getting in. You put on Daniel's playlist, loving his music taste. The traffic isn't jammed today, too early for that. You easily drive home, parking the car in the garage.

You and Daniel have been together for 4 years now, moved in together 2 years ago. You had to move to Monaco for him, but you didn't mind. Being with him made up for leaving your family behind. Besides, flying back and forth between Monaco and London wasn't that long or hard. You and Daniel spent quite some time with your family. 3 years ago, you first started thinking about getting a tattoo. Seeing all of Daniel's tattoo's, you wanted one as well. But you kept doubting. Until a week ago. You made an appointment right away, so you couldn't get out of it.

As you walk into the house, you put on some music, you have to clean the bandage on the tattoo to a clear one and put some oitment on it. You take the jacket off, the bandage next. After putting some oitment on it, you place a clear plastic bandage on it, against infections. You decide to clean a little bit, to kill some time before Daniel comes back. You're excited to show him what you had gotten.

At 5:15 P.M, Daniel opens the front door. "Hey babe!" his voice echoes through the apartment. "Hi, Dan!" Your smile is already widening. You hope Daniel likes it, but you're pretty sure he will. "How was your day?" Daniel wraps his arms around you from behind, kissing your cheek. After 4 years, you still get butterflies. "Mine was perfect. How was yours?" You turn around to kiss him. "Perfect hm?" You nod your head, the biggest smile on your face. That got Daniel curious. "What did you do then?" You pull away from Daniel. "I got you something." You stand back a little, pulling up your sleeve for a tiny bit. It's on your wrist, so it's easy to see. "Is that a tattoo?" Daniel looks up at you, a smile forming on his face. "It sure is." You grin at him, as he takes your hand in his to look at your wrist. "What is it? Is that a 3?" He looks at you, eyes wide. "It is. I got an infity sign with a small 3 through it. To remind me of you." You explain, looking into his eyes when you said so. Daniel's eyes are full of love when he looks back at you. "You have no idea how much I love you." Before you can respond, Daniel's lips are on yours. "I love you too." You tell him back.