Assumptions.

Something we all do every day with any relationship.  You receive a phone call from a parent you assume it's another "when are you going to come over/ are you ever going to call us?" Last time I checked phones were a two way thing and besides figuring out life at 21 is very difficult and time consuming.
We believe we know everything but we don't. We can't read the minds of our love ones or know what they may be going through on the inside. Taking a step or even a mile in their shoes may open your eyes to a lot more secrets.
I'm personally struggling with assumptions with my boyfriend. The same person who I come home to ( we share a townhome with a 2 almost 3 year old pup) and make promises for the future with. I still (or use to by 1 week) stalk his social media accounts daily and constantly stress about the thoughts of him cheating. It's not normal so if you do this just stop. I know it's hard since I'm currently dealing with it myself. The steps I've done to stop this annoying habit that could potentially ruining my relationship and even worse putting down my partner.  First, I've temporarily deleted my instagram. I didn't need to be reminded daily that I could see my boyfriends exes pictures or see if he has followed any random girls page. It's not a healthy feeling it constantly made me worry and annoy my boyfriend who clearly never did anything wrong. I felt so sick and crazy it got so bad I was having anxiety attacks at work and that was the final straw for me.
I knew deep down I really want to start a family and a life with this man. What the hell is stopping me? He has proven to me so many times that my assumptions are not true and they never were.
Take a step back the next time you assume the worst in someone. It's tough but unless there is clear evidence that your assumption is correct you're more then likely wrong. ( and by any means if you are currently being abused physically or mentally you need to stop reading this and leave. This isn't intended for those types of situations. You need to put yourself first and get yourself out of it because you don't deserve that under any circumstances.)
Secondly, I've also find it helpful to fill those moments of wanting to scroll all over Instagram or check his current Snapchat score by picking up a book. Or writing thoughts like I'm doing now.
Diary's never worked for me and I figured I can't be the only person dealing with such anxiety. I must vent to an audience to make my thoughts and feelings be heard.
And yes, before you ask I've talked to my boyfriend about this. He knows my anxiety is not the same as his. He can't cure me. I wouldn't even consider putting that type of stress on him either. We have a very strong and open communication. I know he isn't doing anything wrong so I'm no longer tolerating my thoughts to travel so far.
Assumptions are just assuming you think you're right. Save yourself the mental stress and distract yourself before blowing up. Even blowing up on the inside can be so exhausting for your body! Meditation can also be a huge helper but I'm not going to sit here and lie to you. I can't meditate my brain just can't physically sit there and 'clear' my thoughts. I rather fill my time with knowledge or self reflection.
If you ever get curious look up the benefits of boredom. Boredom is what made me want to start writing again. Not having social media downloaded on my phone has me staring at the walls. My time is way more valuable and I'm happy I've finally set myself free. Take advantage of the free time if you have it and if you don't well at least your not bored.