o. prologue

(PROLOGUE)

━━━━━━

THE UNFAMILIAR SIGHT OF KING'S CROSS STATION made eleven year old Remus Lupin's stomach churn in a mixture of nervousness and excitement as he thought of hundreds of things that could go wrong in Hogwarts whilst his brown eyes carefully scanned around Platforms Nine and Ten. "I don't see it Dad." The boy said, furrowing his brows while he looked up to his father, Lyall Lupin. "It's between Platforms Nine and Ten, all you have to do is go through that wall." He explained.

"I'm not going through a wall!" Remus protested, shaking his head as a sign of disapproval. "We can do it together, okay?" Lyall said with a chuckle as he grabbed his son's trolley. Remus nods. "Come on, son. Three... Two... One!"

The father and son duo entered Platform 9 ¾ together, followed by Hope Lupin shortly afterwards. Remus's big brown eyes looked around the station, seeing hundreds of people littered all over the place, most of them bidding their family and friends farewell. "Woah." Remus said, awestruck. "Can I go to the train now?" He asked excitedly, still ogling at the place " 'Course you can, son." Lyall answered, beaming at his son proudly. "Remember to write with those owls every week, okay?" Hope reminded her son. "Of course, Mum." Remus said.

"My baby boy's getting all grown up!" Hope exclaimed while engulfing her son in a bone-crushing hug as tears started to brim in her eyes. "Mum." Remus groaned, dragging the 'm'. "He's gonna miss the train if you won't let go, love."

"Oops. sorry-"

"Bye Mum and Dad! I'll write every week- I think. I'll miss you!" The boy said, before rushing towards the train.

His eyes scanned the train, trying to find an empty compartment. Unfortunately for him, he couldn't. He did, however, found one compartment that only one person occupied.

"Can I sit here? All the other compartments are full." Remus asked to a girl with curly hair who was reading a muggle book that he didn't recognize. "Yeah, sure." She said with a grin.

"Remus, Remus Lupin. Nice to meet you." He introduced himself, sticking out his arm for her to shake.

The girl took his arm, and shook it, "Felicity Allister. It's nice to meet you too, Remus."

And with that, the two became close friends almost immediately.

a/n i'll rewrite this later dw