Chapter 7

v In front of the old theatre on Willow, I could see the blinking lights from each individual droid. A sort of beacon letting us know that they were up and about. I stated at the old marque, it's old bold lettering gone and the windows jagged pike everything else in the city. Looked away for a moment before I scanned the area and noticed one of the side doors were in fact unlocked and proped open. "I need to get a closer look on that door, or should I just hop up the pipes and go through the vents at the top?" I whispered to Sam.

"Stick to the plan. You take the safest route to the back of the building, me and Lenny are gonna be here,  but we're only giving you about 10 minutes before we start the party without you, " he smirked at me.

I nodded, "Good thing there's no pressure, huh?" I joked back at him with a wiggle of my eyebrows. He chuckled and he began digging into the backpack we brought. He handed me some extra live rounds for my gun and a syringe full of the sedative. I knew exactly where I was gonna stick it. Pun intended.

I turned and quickly scanned the area. The safest way was to the left. Less guards and opposite of the propped opened side door. Vents were located above the theatre and I'd be able to shimmy the drain pipe to get to the roof. It was barely a two story building, so heights weren't that big of a deal to me. I was able to get behind the building quietly. Behind the theatre was the remaining foundation of some old houses. I pushed my back against the outside brick of the building and looked around. I didn't hear or see anything of interest approaching, so I quickly looked for a drain pipe to shimmy up. I began my ascent as quietly as I could. About half way up, I heard the metallic clanking of footfalls approaching. I quickly stopped so I wouldn't be seen or heard, being at least 7 feet off the ground, I didn't want to be noticed and be faced with the decision to go up like a maniac or drop down and defend myself. The droid suddenly came into view and I immediately tried to calm my breathing. Once it was basically under me, it suddenly stopped dead in its tracks. I held my breath. For a second I thought the thing would look up. I examined it as it examined it's surprising ahead.  It wasn't just welded together,  but the old grey was now green and almost glossy. I raised my eyebrows. They must've spent some time on them. After a few minutes, it began to continue it's path around the building. Once I couldn't hear the footfalls, I began to finish my climb. At the top I scanned the roof. No sign of movement, so I pulled myself up on top of the theatre. I crouched and made my way to the closest vent shaft. I used the end of my gun to break a corner of the vent and opened it so that I could climb in. In the metallic shaft I  made a few turns I luckily ended up above one of the theatres. I checked all I could see of the grand lot room and saw no uniforms or types of metals. I quickly pulled myself into a crouch and began pushing against the vent between me and the hostages. The lid of the vent popped off and didn't fall near anyone, luckily. I poked my head out, knowing I gained some attention from the noise I made. I looked back at a few pairs of startled eyes. I quickly put a hand up and pushed a finger against my mouth. I pointed to an exit and shushed my on lookers. I scanned how far I'd drop if I swung towards the back rows and it seemed like would be able to walk if I swung that foward towards the open OK NG of a row. Hanging from my hands now,  I quickly swung and dropped in an empty aisle. I panted and stood up. Counting al the gagged and tied up hands of the hostages around me.

"Don't be scared. There's a lot about to go down. " I said as I began untying a few of the people around me. "We're here to help. I'm gonna untie you all and clear the lobby. There are two men outside of mine and they'll guide you to our safe house." I untied a girl and a few guys beside her. They nodded and remained quiet and helped me untie a few others. "Yes, we know you're all from different places,  and no, we're not kidnapping you." I added.

After untying a last pair of hands, I turned and jogged to an exit towards the lobby and listened. Silence. I turned back and faced Frank. The leader of the Boars. He shook my hand tightly, "Thanks, kid. Glad to have someone on our side," he was older than me by at least 30 years, but he cared about the cause and his people, so he was a good leader.