A Blood & Water Valentine

"This place is great," Carrie sighed as she and Angel were seated. "How did you find it?"

"I was asking around," he shrugged. "Where can I take someone and be sure no one will see us."

"I love you," she whispered. "It won't always be this way."

Angel nodded and ordered them drinks. It wasn't a total lie but he needed some help to get them into the underground, exclusive, cocktail bar. It wasn't underground in the outlaw way Angel was used to but in the exclusive ultra rich way. He still owed Alvarez a favor for getting an in for him through Miguel.

"My only hope for tonight is that we don't get arrested for public drunkenness," he joked, remembering the first night they met. "Valentine's Day in the drunk tank sounds sloppy as fuck."

"Mmm hmm," she giggled. The waitress served them their drinks, a Manhattan for Angel and a cosmo for Carrie, and as soon as she disappeared Carrie proposed a toast. "To us, I guess."

"Yeah," he smirked, "To more secret sex meet ups and my number being saved in your phone as Angela."

"Don't be a smartass," she chided.

"Alright," he relented. "Down that drink and meet me in the bathroom." Angel gulped down his Manhattan and promptly left the table.

"Romantic," Carrie complained but she knew she loved it.

Sipping her cosmo slowly, Carrie looked around at the richest people from San Diego and down straight to the border. They didn't look much different than her and Angel, they had dressed their best to fit in, but she knew their lives were beyond different. Finally, she took one last big sip and left the table to find Angel. He was leaning against the wall, his face illuminated by his phone and when he looked up at her a naughty smirk spread across his lips.

"Mi dulce," he crooned.

"Quit it," she growled grabbing his shirt, "I don't want romantic sex in a public bathroom, I want you to fuck me."

Angel was grinning from ear to ear as she yanked him into the bathroom with her. They weren't long, it was a quickie in the truest sense of the word, and when they emerged the few folks by the sinks and right outside the door absolutely knew what they had been up to.

"However you got in here," Carrie laughed, "I doubt you'll get in again."

"One and done," he shrugged.

"Oh I've heard that from you before," she said finishing the last drop of her drink. "What else do you have planned?"

He looked at her with a goofy expression and shook his head. "Uh, this is it, Car."

"I figured," she laughed. "So I have something planned for you."

"Something for me?" He asked her in surprise.

"Of course," she drew her head back. "One more round of fifty dollar drinks or you done trying to impress me?"

"I don't have to impress you," he said in a quiet growl, leaning over the table.

"True," she admitted. "I guess we can go then."

Angel smirked, glad she decided on that so his plan wouldn't be ruined. Taking her hand, they stood and made their way around the table together.

"Where we going now?" She asked.

"You see." Winking, Angel played it cool and tossed cash on the table before leading her out of the cocktail bar.

Carrie didn't bother to hide her disappointment when she and Angel arrived at his father's butcher shop.

"Oh."

"Just wait," he told her. "Come on, follow me."

Angel used his borrowed key to open the back door, leaving it unlocked behind them, and flicked on the lights.

"Angel," she said expectantly. "I'm kind of weirded out."

"You're good," he told her. "Take off your heels."

"What?"

"Take off your heels," he repeated. As she did, A hel grabbed a pair of flip flops from the top of a stack of boxes. "Here."

As she slid them on, Angel opened the door again and held out his hand to her.

"What the fuck?" She said nervously.

"Just come on."

Angel reached up and with a grunt pulled down the start of the old wrought iron stairs to the roof of Felipe's shop. Carrie didn't continue to question him. Following his direction, she carefully climbed the ladder with him close behind.

"I didn't tell you before but I really like those panties."

"Stop," she giggled.

When they both got up, Angel crossed the roof and presented his Valentine's gift to Carrie. It was a candlelit dinner on the roof, overlooking Santo Padre, with an actual homemade meal waiting for them.

"Angel," she inhaled sharply. "This is gorgeous."

"Really?" He asked eagerly. "You like it?"

"I love it," she said excitedly. "Santo Padre isn't the most beautiful town but even the view is pretty."

"The lights," he said, "In the sunlight it's nothing much but with the lights shining it's not bad."

"It's perfect," she whimpered. "Too much to assume you cooked?"

"Way too much," he chuckled. Pulling out the chair for her, Angel waited to take his spot until she was sitting. "Gilly cooked. E set it all up."

"Thank you," she said with a bright smile. "Truly, this is incredible."

"Anything for you," he said sweetly. "Happy Valentine's Day, mi dulce."