LIpstick and Chainsaws

Dear Readers, I wrote this story just to write. Don't judge it too quickly. There's more to the story. Nope, I don't have anything against men. I just made up this story and I hope you like it  :)))

            A boy was out in the woods, looking for the fresh mushrooms his mother had ordered him to bring back home. She had warned him about the poisonous scarlett red mushrooms and he told her that he would be careful. Not long after, he stops to rest in the green pasture and he senses someone watching him. He looks around, unafraid but alert.

              His heart beats fast when he hears the snap of a twig and he quickly stands up, ready to run. Now he can hear the sound of feet running towards him and in the distance he hears a loud shotgun echoing through the forest. The birds atop the trees, bewildered, flap their wings and take flight. He wants to run but something is keeping him there. Behind the bushes, a girl with pale skin, light brown hair covered with twigs, and violet eyes emerges with flushed cheeks, looking out of breath.

                Her violet eyes widen at the sight of the boy. She has never seen one, but she has read about them in books and to be frank, it doesn't say good things about them. The book that the Queen gives each girl of the village on their tenth birthday says that men are cruel and ruthless creatures that seek power. 

                                             "Please don't hurt me," she exclaims, out of breath. Her chest rises up and down as she tries to compose herself.

                                               "Why would I?" the boy asks.