Sniper

We were all split into patrol groups. My group consisted of Harry, Blue, and I. We were heading to the city.

  Harry, Blue, and I ran out. We made it to the city. I noticed Harry eyeing a pharmacy.

  "Let's go." I whispered. We had to stay quiet so no zombies would hear us and coming running.

  We began running towards the pharmacy when we all heard a loud gunshot and we took cover.

  "What was that?" Blue asked. Her eyes were wide with fear.

  "It sounded like a gun. But we didn't think there were any guns and ammo left. Let alone anyone to shoot at us." Harry said.

  I decided to look towards where the shots came from and another gunshot broke the silence. Harry and Blue pulled me down, just in time. I didn't have enough time to see who was shooting at us.

  "We can't grab anything here. We have to go." I said.

  "How are we going to make it back?" Harry asked.

  "We just have to make a run for it." Blue stated.

  We all shook our heads in agreement.

  "3... 2... 1..." Harry counted down. One one we all began sprinting back the way we came. We jumped over broken glass and rubble. Gunshots were still sounding from behind us.

  We made it back to an open field that was just a few hundred years from the jail when Harry fell right in front of me. I fell over him and noticed he had been shot in the leg. Blue also noticed and ran over. We couldn't leave him here.

  "You take his right arm, I've got the left. We have to carry him back." Blue instructed.

  I did as she said and Blue and I were running, basically dragging Harry. Gunshots continued but luckily they missed. We got through the gate and shut the enemy out, but he continued to fire his weapon. Finally, once inside, we dropped out of pure exhaustion.

   Thank god we were safe, as long as whoever the sniper was didn't get through.