WHEN MATES COLLIDE

CHAPTER 2

SHE glanced at the clock. It was a little after 2 AM. The shift of the werewolves that were going to run the perimeter will change in less than 2 hours. Her job will be done at 5 AM.

She is currently updating the security details of the pack from the security cameras down to alerts that she installed in the fences surrounding the pack territory.

She works as a security advisor in Lang-Neugdae. In the human world, she was a security expert that handles the security needs of big companies. It brought big money.

Her attention from the monitor was distracted when the aroma of freshly brewed coffee reached her nose.

She took a deep breath and look at the person carrying her lifeline at this wee hour.

Jung So smiled when he saw the eagerness in her face. He put the big mug of coffee atop the table.

"Thank you. I owe you one."

He sat beside her as she sips her dose of caffeine. Just perfect as she like it.

Another young man arrived for the shift together with Jung So.

Aria cracked her knuckles when her computer indicate that her job is done. She stretched her back and neck from stiffness.

"I'm done here. Good day, gentlemen. " She said as she stood up. She smiled at the two before leaving the security room.

She was in the receiving area of the pack house when she come across with the alpha. Li Jun has always been an early riser.

"Good morning, alpha." She greeted and bow her head slightly.

"Morning. Do you have a moment?"

"Yes."

They proceed to the office. She blinked her eyes a few times to rid of her drowsiness as she walked behind him.

She sat when the alpha motioned her to do so when they reached the office.

"I received a call from Alpha Morgan." He said when he sat behind the table.

She stilled when she heard that. The sleepiness she felt a while ago flew out the window.

"Ben wanted you to call him back."

"Is that an alpha's order?'

"No. He heard that I have a very tight and functional security in the territory. He wanted to know how I did that. I told him that I have a very reliable security advisor."

She took a deep sigh.

"Ben has been running the Silver Lupus pack for five years now."

"I know."

"Maybe it is time for you to reconnect with them."

"I will think about it."

"Thank you." She stood up and turn to leave.

"I never told him that it was you."

Never saying a word, she left his office. She ride her bike and leave the territory. She drove for two hours and reached a popular diner in the city where human population reside.

She ordered today's special. A few minutes later she was munching on her food like she was starved for two days.

A waiter approached her if wanted to have a refill of her coffee but she refused.

The conversation she had with Li Jun still lingers in her head.

She still checked her family pack the last eight years even her father kicked her out. Ben and her is always been in good terms. She knew that she could go back to her old pack and he would received her with arms wide-open but she does not want him to have a conflict with the former alpha, the good old alpha Noah.

She was washing her hands in the lavatory of the public rest room when a body collide with her. With her fast reflex, she grab the nearest part of the other woman's body she could touch that happens to be the torso.

She looked at the woman in her arm when she felt the electricity that shocked her from where she touched her.

She heard an apology from another woman that caused their collide. A closing door sounded but her eyes stayed at the woman she is holding.

A frowning red head was looking at her. Still stunned, the petite woman removed her hand. Her eyes followed her movement in silence.

"Are you okay?"

She blinked her eyes a few times. She is still staring at her.

"Hey."

"I, I'm good. Are you?"

The other woman smirk and stared back at her. "I haven't met someone from your kind as innocent-looking like you."

"W-what?"

Still, not herself, she was left dumb-founded even when the red headed left her in the rest room.

It took her another three seconds before she run out of the rest room to follow that petite girl. Yet, she did not find her.

She wanted to pull her hair with her stupidity. Because of her being mindless, the person she long been waiting for was gone.

===============================

"EVERYTHING alright, Aria?"

She glanced at her friend before looking back at the young wolves in the training ground. It was mid-afternoon and the training will be done in two hours.

Yu Yan sat beside her and lay her head in her shoulder.

"Are you going back to America?"

"I don't know."

It has been four days since she had the talk with Alpha Li Jun. It has been four days also since she saw that red head that has been in her mind.

She went back to the dinner every day but she did not see her. She tried to look her up in the system but she did not find her. It is as if she did not exist.

"Aria!"

She glared at her friend when she was pushed from her seat.

"What is wrong with you?"

Yu Yan stood up and put her hands above her hips. Her friend glower. Her chinky eyes almost in slit.

She looked away. She brushed her long brunette hair with her hand. She took a deep sigh.

"Is my brother giving you a hard time?" Yu Yan asked her in soft voice. She shook her head. "Then what's wrong?"

"I found my mate."

"That's good news!" Yu Yan's voice is back to being cheery. "Is she a she?" her friend is now shaking both of her shoulder. She almost feel dizzy.

"She's gone." She said in almost whisper.

"What do you mean she's gone?"

She would like to think that her friend is bipolar. She could change her mood in just seconds. Or is it just hormones?

"Aria!"

She found herself on the ground. Her good friend for more than a decade pushed her from the bench where she sat.

"What is wrong with you, Yu Yan?!" She said, exasperated. She sat back in the bench. Her friend sat, too.

"Where is your mate, Aria?"

"She disappeared. I went back to the place where I saw her but I never see her again. I tried to run a few miles around the area but I never saw her again."

Yu Yan put her arm around her. "You will find her. I know you."They both sigh. "Did you call your brother?"

Yu Yan stood up and pat her shoulder. "Whatever your decision is, I will be with you a hundred percent."