valentines day xo

february 14th

•MAYA LUNA•

i met luke at the airport 4 months ago, and la is starting to feel like home. everyday, whether it's eating snacks with petunia on the couch, waiting for luke to come home or going with luke to the studio, it all makes me feel at home.

_____________

as i went to sit down on the couch, i heard the front door open, luke was back from his photoshoot.
petunia ran as fast as her legs could take her to greet luke at the door.  i'm sure after 12 hours, she was getting sick of me.

'hii' i called out, starting to walk towards the front door.

'hi luna, as much as i'd love to see you right now, could you close your eyes and when i say so, come upstairs?'  luke rushed.

i laughed, confused by his actions but, closed my eyes.  'they're closed lucas' i called out. 

waiting for something to happen, i heard luke shuffle by me and run upstairs.

(listen to the song above)

just as i started to wonder if this was a joke, luke called out, saying i could come up. 
as i walked up the stairs, rose petals cascaded across them.  the closer i got to the top, i could see the petals making a pathway to luke's bedroom.  i couldn't help but smile like an idiot, nobody has ever done this for me before.
i opened luke's bedroom door and gasped in awe;

red heart balloons covered the ceiling with pictures of our adventures over the past four months tied to the end

red heart balloons covered the ceiling with pictures of our adventures over the past four months tied to the end.  i slowly looked at each picture, reminiscing. 
the time we went to the fair, the first time we held hands.
the time i missed his cheek in a photo booth, meeting petunia. 

as i turned around, i was met with a anxious looking luke.  i smiled at him widely and he took my hand in his. 

luke cleared his throat, and spoke;
'the past 8 months of knowing you, online and offline have been the best 8 months of my life.  the past 4 months of you living here, has surpassed any experience i've ever had. i've shamelessly flirted with you, taking every chance i can get to make you laugh.  i think you're beautiful, inside and out.  the boys love you, my family loves you, hell even petunia loves you.  what i'm trying to say is: maya, will you be my girlfriend?'

my heart stopped.  and quickened.
looking up at luke, i smiles, bit my lip, and said;

yes.