1. Christmas.

Walking along the warm sand I adjust my sunglasses against my moist skin, it is flipping boiling here!
Hundreds of tourists flock the beaches on the sweltering 35 degree day, however the rainfall during the night made the humidity in the air makes it feel like 50 degrees.
I watch mums and dads playing with their children in the shallows of the water, others sun baking on the sand whilst the rest of the tourists get bombarded by locals asking them for hair braiding or a massage, if I get asked one more time I might have to just pay them for nothing!

Deciding to take a seat in the sand I stretch my long tanned legs out in front of me, moving my feet around stretching them, pulling out my phone from my beach bag I scroll onto Instagram and see a photo my sister uploaded an hour ago.

"Merry Christmas from the Langdon Family to yours.
Just missing Sophia! come back home soon little sis."

I read the caption attached to a photo of my family. My parents, and 2 older siblings Anna and Jackson back in Melbourne Australia. Home..
who would have thought that I Sophia Langdon at 22 would have missed Christmas with family for bloody work.. my eyes feel moist as I stare at the photo a sad smile on my face, I miss them already and it's been 3 days in this country!

Sighing I lay down and close my eyes blocking out the world around me. My mind drifts to my work,
They told me I had to get the pieces written in a week, that's how long I'm supposed to be here for, personally I don't think a week in this stunning paradise is enough.
Working for a major company like Collins and Co they demand strict time limits on when projects are due, and as the main journalist in the News company I was sent to Phuket, Thailand to get inside knowledge of human trafficking. It's a project I jumped on as soon as I was given the opportunity, to be able to make a difference on such a horrible and disgusting industry. I plan tomorrow to meet with a team from Miracle Rescues to record and write on their experiences in the impact they are making in the human trafficking industry in Thailand, Apart from missing Christmas at home with my family, I couldn't be more thrilled to work on this project.
And the Sun tan I'll be leaving with will be totally worth the travels.

Sensing someone next to me I groan knowing I'll be opening my eyes to a local trying to sell me a massage or some fake diamond rings.

"No I don't want any massages please." I say with a flat tone my eyes still closed. Giving a wave of my hand to keep them moving to a gullible tourist.

"Is that an Australian accent I hear?" A deep, gorgeous, male voice speaks and I open one eye to see a reincarnation of every hot guy ever created formed in one, standing next to me half hovering over my face blocking the sunshine out of my eyes.

Opening my eyes fully a man maybe my age? With wavy brown hair and deep blue eyes stares at me with an amused look on their face.

"And you are?" I say a little confused as to why this gorgeous human has approached me. Although it's better than the harassing locals..

As if a light turns on in his head he pulls something out of his pocket. Or a passport..
My eyes nearly bulge out of their sockets.

"Are you a Miss Sophia Langdon? You kinda look like her." He says to me smirking at the shocked look on my face.

"what? But How? Where did you find that?" I snatch the passport off of him and put it in my bag quickly dumbfounded, Trust me to loose only the most important thing I need! I love these Phuket beaches but not that much to stay here for months on waiting for a new passport!

"I found it in the hotel lobby, saw you walking around the corner when I found it." He says sheepishly.

"So you followed me?" I question quirking an eyebrow at him.