five

[Fri 15 Feb, 2019]
11:38 AM

GC Name:
JK PROTECTION PROGRAM

Chimchim
We're taking gukkie out for lunch!
Someone wants to tag along?

Jinnie
Will it be only the two of you?

Yoonie
Nah i'm with them too hyung

Hoseokkie
Where do u plan on eating?
I might drop by 👀

Chimchim
Just the resto next to Yoongi hyung's studio, hobi
Jin hyung? Joon hyung?
You coming too?

Joonie
What about gukkie?

Chimchim
We'll think of something, hyung...
Let's get together just this once
I miss being in the same room w u guys

Jinnie
No need to be emo, chiminnie
We're gonna eat lunch w u, okay?
See you later!

"Gukkie, the hyungs are eating lunch with us. That okay?" Jeongguk's eyes spark up with excitement as soon as he hears the news from Jimin.

"Really? Will Joon hyung be there too?"

"Probably."

"So that means Taetae will be coming, too? Shit I'm gonna text him!"

Jimin froze on the car seat, his knuckles turning white as he grips the seatbelt tightly. Yoongi notices it and reaches out to take a hold of his boyfriend's hand, as the other works on the steering wheel.

He knows how Jimin wants to cut off Jeongguk's excitement and tell the younger about how Taehyung couldn't be there, but he doesn't have the heart to do so. They don't have the heart to hurt him, but one must man up and tell him.

"Hey, Gukkie?"

"Yoongi hyung?"

"I actually got a text from Joon," he says, pretending to eye the phone that's been put aside near the gearshift, "says Taehyungie can't make it to lunch. He sent him to an important meeting for the project Tae had been telling you about."

"Joon hyung is a mood killer." Jeongguk huffs, a small pout never leaving his lips. He keeps on mumbling incoherent words but being able to tell him that made Yoongi and Jimin at ease.

"We're here."

[Fri 15 Feb, 2019]
12:01 PM

Gukkie
Why can't you be here? :(
The hyungs are here
Even Joon hyung is here :(
Why can't you come :(
Taetae
Where are youuuu
Please reply
Are you that busy?
Sigh
I miss you.
I hope you ate lunch already
I love you

"Who are you texting, Gukkie? You haven't even eaten yet." Seokjin asks, voice laced with concern.

"Just Taehyung. Joonie hyung why can't you give my husband a break?" He whines and starts to poke the meat with his chopsticks. Seokjin scolds him therefore making the choked noise Namjoon made go unnoticed by him.

"I- I'm sorry, guk. It's just... we're really busy and the company needs Taehyung so much..." Namjoon takes a look at the others and all he could see are sour faces and worried expressions.

"But you're the CEO and you're here. Aren't you needed more?"

"Gukkie, hey, don't cry sweetie."

The moment Hoseok said that, Jeongguk realizes that he's been fighting the tears threatening to come out from his eyes for too long. He shifts his gaze on his lap, playing with the ring on his finger.

"I'm sorry, guk. I promise to make Taehyung rest after all of this, okay?" Joon reaches out to touch Jeongguk's cheeks softly.

"Come on guys. Let's eat or the food will go cold." Yoongi interrupts and Jimin just looks at him with a small smile on his lips. What bothers Yoongi, though, is the tear that rolls down his boyfriend's face.

 What bothers Yoongi, though, is the tear that rolls down his boyfriend's face