thirteen

The days went by so painfully fast, much to Jeongguk's disappointment. A week still doesn't seem to be enough, because as he gets to spend his time with his husband, he needed more of it. He wanted more, and he knows he's being selfish, but he can't help it. He just wanted Taehyung all to himself.

"You're thinking so hard, your forehead's creasing," Taehyung points out. They're now sprawled on the bed, the latter's legs now encircled around Jeongguk's hips to keep him close. They're facing each other, lights off, and the only thing they could see was the sparkle in their eyes in the midst of the dark.

"It's weekend tomorrow, and you'll return to work again on Monday next week. Can't you stay a bit more?"

"Oh, baby. As much as I want to, you know I can't. I gotta work hard for us, you know?" Taehyung hears Jeongguk huff a sigh so he rests his hand on the younger's cheek, caressing it oh so gently, to soothe Jeongguk.

"You're pushing yourself too hard, Tae. We have enough money, you know? Plus, the commissions I've got from painting and photography is kinda big, too."

"Guk, I know. But being married isn't that easy, baby. We just couldn't depend on the money we have right now. Didn't I promise you that once I've saved enough, I'll take you out to different places?"

"But how much is enough, hyung? Would you really disregard me for your job?"

"Jeongguk, you know you're my priority, this is why I'm working so hard. I know this talk upsets you all the time, but you won't love me less because of this, right, Gukkie?"

"I love you too much, you dumbass."

"That's more like it! I love you too, baby."

Jeongguk leans in to capture Taehyung's lips. He lets it linger for awhile, not failing to notice how the latter's lips start to go cold and shaky.

"Are you feeling cold again?"

"Why? Will you keep me warm again tonight?"

"I have a lot of ways to keep you warm, baby. Don't test me."

Their night ended with sweet moans of pleasure and murmured promises to love each other through sunny days and rainy days.

[Saturday 6 April, 2019]
8:21 AM

Gukkie
Minnie hyung!
Good morning~

Chimmy
Good morning to you, too
What's got our Jeongukkie in a good mood today?

Gukkie
Oh just the usual
Taetae's cooking breakfast for me
Hehe i'm gonna miss this though
He's going back to work again on Monday :(

Chimmy
Is that so, Guk?
How about you ask Namjoonie hyung for an extension then?
Maybe he'll grant it ☺️

Gukkie
Nah
Taehyung insisted to go back to work again, hyungie
So as much as I'd like him to stay some more, he isn't :(

Chimmy
Baby
Don't be sad
Taetae's doing all of these for you
By the way, do you remember what day it is on Sunday next week?

Gukkie
Not that I could think of anything special
But is there?

Chimmy
Never mind, guk
Do you have something to say since you texted me?

Gukkie
Right!
I'm inviting you all for dinner tonight!
Taetae and I are so excited to see all of you
Please tell the hyungies about this one

Chimmy
Wait
What?
Gukkie?

GC Name:
JK PROTECTION PROGRAM

Chimchim
Guys?
I don't know if this is good or bad
But Guk wants us over for dinner
Says Taehyung's cooking so...

Yoonie
Oh God

Chimchim
I'm scared
Hyungs
Please speak up
What will we do

Jinnie
There's really nothing else we can do right now but to be polite and not decline Jeongguk's invitation
Please act on your best behavior tonight

Hoseokkie
I don't think I can do this, hyung

Joonie
Me too
I'm beyond terrified

Jinnie
Just...
Let's just do this for jeongguk
Okay?

Yoonie
Okay, hyung
I hope the night'll end well
Chim and I will see you all tonight, yeah?

Hoseokkie
See you.

Yoonie babeHey, babyAre you okay? You looked pale the whole evening

Yoonie babe
Hey, baby
Are you okay?
You looked pale the whole evening

Chimbles
Hyungie :(
I feel like throwing up
God this hurts so bad
Why do we have too keep this up
Hyung this makes me sick

Yoonie babe
Baby :(
I know how hard it is to keep up on a facade
But we have to do this
Think about Taehyung and Jeongguk
Think about our friendship
Just endure it for a little while, baby
All of this will end very soon
Just a little bit more

Chimbles
I know you just drove off from here
But can you come back?
I'm in dire need of cuddles :(

Yoonie babe
I'm on my way, baby

"Tae? Don't you think there's something odd about how the hyungs were acting at dinner?" Taehyung stops raking his fingers through Jeongguk's hair, in which he earns a whine from the latter.

"Why? Is there something wrong? I think they're acting just fine, Gukkie. You're worried over nothing, and it's not healthy, you know?"

"I- yeah, I know, but it's just... strange. It's weird that whenever I talk to you, they look at each other warily. They think I wouldn't notice, but they aren't slick," Taehyung coos at how adorable Jeongguk is when pouting. He kisses it away and nudges Jeongguk's nose with his own.

"Like what I've said, you're just overthinking things, baby. The hyungs were fine, we're fine. Okay? Relax, will you? We still have our last day tomorrow so now we sleep."

"I love you. I couldn't imagine a life without you."

"Then don't, Guk. I'm always here, you know? Do you wanna know why? It's because I love you, too, always."