fourteen

trigger warning:
panic attacks

He hears a familiar voice once more but the owner of the voice is nowhere to be found. Everything is pitch black but he still tries his best to follow the direction of the voice that's been luring him in. He runs until his legs burn and his lungs give out.

He goes round in circles, desperate for light. The darkness is already consuming him and the last bit of sanity he has left is slowly fading away.

He does not stop searching for anything that can keep him grounded just anything.

He tries moving again, but he struggles when he realizes that he can't. It's like he was being restrained by chains imaginary chains that still presses a sting on his flesh whenever he tries to break free. He feels so hopeless, tears now streaming down his face.

He closes his eyes and then he hears it again.

"Jeongguk..."

"I'll be back, I promise."

"Wait for me..."

"I love you..."

"I'm sorry."

Jeongguk wakes up, chest heavy with something he himself cannot describe. He presses his hand on top of where his heart is located and frantically searches around the room for his husband. He was met with none.

He screams and thrashes around the bed, nails scraping the expanse of his shoulders and arms. He's shaking so hard that he'd almost forgotten how to breathe.

"Gukkie... Baby, I'm here. I'm here, love. Look at me, baby. Guk, look at me. Breathe with me."

Jeongguk looks at him ㅡ the only person whom he can always rely on; the person who never fails to make him feel like he's home.

"I thought you left me," Jeongguk sobs.

"I didn't. I will never. I'm here. I'm always here. I'm not going anywhere."

GC Name:
JK PROTECTION PROGRAM

Chimmy
Hyungs
Has anyone heard from Guk?
He isn't responding to my texts since this morning
It's almost 6pm and I'm worried
I can't go to him 'cause I have my night shift at the hospital tonight

Jinnie
Chim
I got him

Chimmy
JIN HYUNG!
Thank God!
What happened to him?
Where are you?

Jinnie
Guk had a panic attack early this morning...
Good thing Taehyung was there and hasn't left for work
He texted me to come over and take care of Gukkie
He's feeling better now
I think Tae's on his way home

Yoonie
Jin hyung...

Jinnie
Yoon
I'm gonna stop you right there
Now's really not the time
He...
He needs us
Let's just be there for him
Okay?

Hoseokkie
Fuck
This is making me cry

Chimmy
Let's be strong hyungs
For Guk
and for Tae

Joonie
Do you want me to pick you up?
Jinnie?

Jinnie
Yes
Please
I wanna go home
I feel like suffocating in here

JinnieYesPleaseI wanna go home I feel like suffocating in here