'GOLDEN HOUR'

BABY DONT YOU KNOW YOUR MY GOLDEN HOUR?,
THE COLOR OF MY SKY,
YOU SET MY WORLD ON FIRE.
I KNOW, I KNOW, EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT.
— KACEY MUSGRAVES, GOLDEN HOUR.

taylor was nervous. okay, maybe that was an understatement. but, she couldn't help it. who wasn't nervous on their wedding date? she stared at her simple, nude painted nails. today was her big day. her and karlie's special day. it seemed like everything led up to today. all of the countless dress fittings, meetings with their wedding planner, guest arrangements... it seemed all so distant. the only thoughts taylor had were focused on was marrying her best friend, her one and only.

she felt as a hand was placed on her shoulder. her mother. "oh teff, today's the special day. you know, i remember when you were ten years old and tried on so many of my dresses and heels, always pretending that you were getting married... and here it is. your childhood dream," andrea beamed. it was true, taylor was a sucker for wedding planning. sometimes, she'd just look at wedding dresses on her free time because they were just so beautiful; she loved the intricate detail. she adored the affection and joy that weddings held. she wondered what dress karlie was wearing, she wondered how she was feeling. they decided not to see each other until they met at the alter, for a more "dramatic effect," karlie joked.

the makeup artist, kelsey, approached taylor and gave her a gentle smile. "don't worry, the pre-marriage nerves are the worst. i seen it all the time, hon," she soothed. andrea added, "she's right. you don't need to worry about anything. the venue is gorgeous, your dress is beautiful, and you look stunning. the guests are going to be in shock when they see you and karlie!" andrea gushed. taylor agreed. they had picked a simple garden venue in the heart of tennessee, where taylor was born. as soon as they visited the property, the two engaged women fell in love with the place. the hazy, magical environment made it feel as if time wasn't even real. beautiful daisies, sunflowers, roses, and other countless flowers coated the place. it was perfect.

taylor smiled, "thanks mom. and thank you, kelsey. i don't know, it just seems too perfect?," she explained as kelsey placed the smoky eyeshadow on her eyelids. her mom chuckled and gave her a kiss to the forehead. "you'll be alright, teff. i'm going to go check on the decorations. don't lose your mind now!"

it was fifteen minutes before the ceremony and she could see guests enter. she turned towards the mirror, staring at her dress. it was a flowy gown with tulle gathered at the top, the straps gathering so effortlessly below her shoulders. on the bottom was intricate lace that made the dress feel much more personal. her hair was braided into a half up, half down hairdo. to complete, she put on tiny hoop earrings that belonged to her mother and placed one of karlie's, dainty gold necklaces on her neck. the blonde had wanted a piece of karlie before the ceremony.