Chapter 33

K.TH

"Are you sure you wanna go in now? They'll be shookt to the heavens when they see you." JK asks for reassurance, worried eyes searching my messed up face.

I wave a hand, "It's gonna be fine. I don't look that bad."

He snorts, "Right." He slides the card key in the door, making it beep once before opening.

A muffled voice from the depths of the room. Jieun noona. "Jungkookie? Tae? Is that you?"

"Yep," JK yells before turning to me with frantic eyes. "Dude, she's gonna kill me. They're all gonna kill me for letting this happen to you just cuz I went to check on a gym. Can we like not go in?" He tries to push me back towards the door, sliding Iellie's bag to the side.

I'm about to yell at him in protest but I shut up when I hear hurried footsteps on the carpeted floor. "Kookie? Tae?"

Both our heads snap towards the owner of the voice. J noona's eyes widen as they look us up and down.

"What the fuck?"

Footsteps again. Someone's coming.

My eyes widen into saucers when Ellie comes into view, JK's grip on my arm tightening into a monster-like grip. Her hand flies to her gaping mouth when she sees us.

"Hi guys," I laugh nervously but wince when some part of my body throbs in pain.

JK tugs on my arm tighter, making me face him. "We need to go! They're going to eat us alive!" He harshly whispers in fright.

"Damn right we are," I hear Jieun noona growl and stomp towards Kookie, grabbing him by the bicep, and shooting a pointed glare at me. "Both of you, in the main room. Now."

I wince.

**

When the four of us had moved to the main room of our gigantic suite, Yoongi had shuffled in quietly with a blank expression on his face. I stayed quiet as Ellie examined my body. I think she was checking if there were any broken bones. Whatever doctor-related thing she was doing, I didn't know. She didn't say a word to me. The eerie silence was driving me nuts. The pain in several parts of the body making it even more unbearable. She ran her lithe fingers down my chest and along my ribs. I flinch when her fingers dip into certain spots. She sighs shakily before she starts searching my face. My heart breaks when I see that her eyes are watering.

"I'm so sorry." Jungkook breaks the silence. "It's my fault, I shouldn't have left him alone." His voice is small.

Ellie still hasn't stopped searching my face. Her hands are shaking. I hold her wrists, stopping her. It's like she snaps out of a daze, lowering her head and blinking a few times. She straightens up. "We need to get you to a hospital."

Yoongi hyung sighs again. "What exactly happened?"

I lie leaves my lips before I could think about it twice. "I tripped on a rock."

A hand comes in contact with the table counter. "Quit lying, Taehyung," Jieun noona says.

Jungkook speaks up. "Tae had asked me to come with him to get Carmele noona's stuff from Joshua and Vernon's place."

Jieun noona's head snaps to him. "What?"

He looks at her once before bending his head again. "When we got there I wanted to check out the gym, so I told him I'd be back right before we needed to head out. When I get back, Vernon and him are in a fight and Joshua's trying to separate them."

Yoongi hyung curses under his breath.

My eyes meet Ellie's worried ones. "What happened, Tae?"

I bite my lip and instantly regret it. It's probably still swollen and bleeding from earlier. I look back at Ellie to see her frowning at me. "I never thought I'd see you bloodied like this." Her voice is quiet, almost sad.

"I'm sorry, Ellie."

"We don't know why you're sorry, so explain." Jieun noona says sternly.

I drag a shaky hand through my hair. I close my eyes and brace for whatever was going to be there reaction as I open my mouth to tell the truth, "I told Joshua everything. I'm so sorry. It just—I was so angry at Vernon. As soon as he opened the door, I saw that there was something strange with him. He looked bad. He started saying shit about how I stole Ellie from Joshua and now I shattered their relationship and Joshua's completely heartbroken. He punched me. And we started fighting. He just kept blaming me and hitting me, I couldn't stop myself from hitting him back." I don't at all look at them. I keep my head angled towards the ground. "He said that he knew I was stealing Ellie away from Joshua, I would never take anything away from her against her will. Never." I close my eyes with a sigh. "I told him that Ellie just didn't want to make Joshua feel guilty about loving someone else and that she was in pain too. I didn't ruin their relationship. I told him to quit blaming me for some bullshit scenario he invented in his mind." I feel hot tears ready to burst from my eyes out of guilt.

Ellie had wanted to keep it a secret. And I exposed it.

Soft, warm hands cup my stinging face.

I look up, finally, to meet Ellie's teary eyes. "Hey."

She's smiling a bit at me, but her lips are wobbling.

"I'm so sorry, Ellie. I'm so fucking sorry," I say. My voice is hoarse, as if I hadn't drank any water in ages.

She shakes her head, tears spilling down her face. "No, no. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I let this happen to you," she sniffles, wrapping her arms gently around my waist, resting her head against my chest, careful of my injuries. I wrap my arms around her too.

"I told you. You're a fucking angel, Kim Taehyung," she laughs but I can tell she's still crying, "Thank you. Thank you."

I laugh but wince when my body hurts again.

She immediately untangles herself from me. Face serious, tears and smile gone. "Get your butt out of this suite. We're going to the hospital. I need to run some tests on you." She demands before moving out.

Yoongi hyung is smirking.

Jieun noona looks like she's near bursting with laughter.

JK is videotaping the whole thing.

"Fuck you guys," I roll my eyes.

Jieun noona squeals. "Totally the wrong time for this but like—YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE!"