하나 {1}

Tick tock tick tock

"Y/n"

I opened my eyes slowly and saw my dad smiling down at me while rubbing my arm

"Mm?" I lied on my back and stretched my body

"We have to go"

So, five years ago my mom disappeared. She didn't even leave a letter. She just left. My dad and I passed a difficult life without her, but we did quite good. My dad met a woman in his new job a year ago. He fell in love with her and now... they're about to get married.

Today we're moving to their place. Oh why I said 'their' ? Sorry I forgot to mention that the woman has a son. I don't even know his name. I only know that he's a year older than me.

Once my dad left my bedroom, I took my time to wake up completely and then got off my bed and went to the bathroom. When I finished my morning routine, I got all dressed up and headed to the living room.

"Honey I put your suitcases in the car" my dad said

"Okay" I smiled and wore my jacket.

He stood in the door frame while looking at me with a bright smile on his lips "Ready?"

I nodded "Yes"

I looked at the house. So many memories..

My dad put his arm on my shoulder

"A new life is waiting for us"

What kind of life though? I guess I'll find out soon.

"Let's go, shall we?" he opened the door and put the keys on the lock.

•••

I looked out the window as my dad parked the car "This is the house?" My eyes widened

"Yes it is" he smiled "C'mon" he got out the car

When I got out too, I saw a woman approaching us

"Welcome home sweetie" the woman said and kissed my dad's cheek.

"Thank you sweetheart" he smiled and put his hand on her waist

I put my hair behind my ear, feeling a bit awkward. This is the first time I meet her, she seems nice though

"You must be Y/n" She gave me a big and a beautiful smile. She is kind and pretty, I'm glad she is going to be my future stepmother.

"Yes I am" I smiled back at her and bowed out of respect

She looked at my dad "She's so beautiful" Her eyes fell on me again. I'm not used to getting compliments and I guess that's the reason why I feel a bit shy right now

I tried to break the silence so I lifted my hand to shake hers "Nice to meet you" She didn't shake it but hugged me instead.

"I'm so happy to meet you" She rubbed my back and then pulled back from the hug "Lets go inside, it's cold out here"

I nodded and helped my dad with the suitcases. The house was big and luxury. I waited for her to unlock the door and when she did, I stepped inside after her.

"Y/n, we'll go to order our wedding stuff" my dad said as he put the suitcases on the floor next to the door.

"Oh, my son is sleeping right now... when he wakes up, give him this, okay?" My stepmom handed me a box "There's some food in there for both of you" She gave me a smile when I nodded "Give yourself a house tour, we'll be back as fast as we can"

"See you later Y/n" my dad kissed my cheek and after I waved at them, he stepped outside with her and closed the door behind him.

•••