The plan

I've always thought land people are weird. I mean, two legs, seriously? And feet, don't get me started!

I still haven't come to terms that I will have to fit in with these land-walkers. What will I wear?how will I get my legs?how do you walk?how do you breathe? Too many unanswered questions float around my head.

It's been 2 short days since I was told I will be going to land to find the new ruler of my pod. The king told me that me and Shelley will be leaving on Monday; making that tomorrow.

I am clear of my mission and know I cannot fail. If We do fail, I won't have a home. My friends won't have a home. My family won't have a home. And I will be responsible. Their is no Deep Educome without a ruler.

I have attended mermaid school for 25 ocean years and have been taught about life on solid ground. I think I know enough to fit in; that is if I can walk.

Staring into a mirror I find myself over thinking. At the point when I snap back to reality the king enters.

"Are you ready for your departure tomorrow"he asked calmly

"You know I'm not. This is too much pressure for a 32 year young girl" I bark back

"You're 16 years old now. You've got to get in the habit of speaking like a true human"he glares at me"We have communications with former mermaids living on land" he says softly"I have arranged for you and the ginger girl to stay with a personal friend. Her name is Sandra. She will help you"

"Why can't see find a ruler for our pod?"I reply

"Because she is 100 ocean years old. She will not fit in and relate to the girl we want to control our pod."

"Oh" I say bluntly

"I want you to befriend our target and then tell her your secret, once you can trust her and she can trust you" he informatively says

"How do you know she has the red tail we desperately need?"I ask

"Sandra. She's sure this girl has what it takes. She teaches her at land school"he says in pain

"It's not fair for her to leave her family. I can't just walk up to this girl and tell her that she has to give up her life to help almost 40 half humans she's never met"I say furious"it won't work"

"That's why you have to gain her trust, befriend her. And when you reveal you're are a mermaid make sure she knows she is special; powerful"

"I get that. It's, it's just that the future of Deep Educome lies in me and Shellie's hands, I hope no one expects us to save the pod. We are only young"with that I burst to tears and the king swims out before saying:

"I have all my faith in you and Shellie"

I am so determined to save our pod. Maybe we can do it.

Maybe