Chapter 2: The Encounter

11 Years Later...

   "Mom, where did this coin come from?" Jon asked Mrs. Haben as he fidgitted around with the coin.
   "I have told you many times Jon, I dont know." She said, placing boiled potatos on a plate before placing them on a old wooden table.
   "But how did you get it?"
   "I would rather not tell."

   Jon sighed in disappointment for about the thousandth time as he helped himself to a boiled potatoe and some rice.
   "Jon, you should go fishing, by tommorow we will probably have none" she said, helping herself to a roasted fish and a boiled potato.
   "Why wont dad go-"
   "I told you, he's sick and he cant go out of the house because it'll get worst"
   "Fine." Jon sighed finishing his lunch before grabbing a fishing rod and a basket, then setting out of the house, going down the small hill and through the forest where a river was. Jon found a spot under a tree right next to the river. He placed the basket next to him before casting a line to the river.

   "Now, we wait..." he said.

   An hour later, the line still casted and Jon catched nothing.
   "This is taking long."Jon muttered.
"I should probably go home..." he said picking up the basket- but the line of the fishing rod had suddenly moved. Jon settled the basket down and approached the fishing rod, as he picked it up, it felt as though he had gotten a shark on the line "What the hell-" he said, but he was cut off by a sudden ZIP as the line was now getting pulled...fast. Jon tried to pull this "fish" out of the water, but he struggled. After what seemed like several minutes he had finally got this "fish" out of the water. This fish, was no ordinary fish, it had four eyes, a mouth big enough to fit a baby horse into it, and what seemed like spike poking out of its back.
   "What is this thing?" said Jon. He didnt dare to touch this...Monster.

   After about two minutes of examining this monsterous fish Jon heard footsteps near, he assumed it was his mother because she would always check on Jon when it was getting late. Jon would turn around to face his mother "Hey mom look what I-" but he was cut off by the sight of a hooded figure who looked very atlethic that stood about 5'7 feet with a sword attached to his back. Jon put a hand on his dagger attached to his pants "Who are you?" he asked.
   "Ah yes, I havent introduced myself." Said the figure "I am your guardian." explained the figure.
   "My, guardian?" said Jon "I dont have a guardian."
   "That is because I have been away, Jonnnathon." said the figure as a smirk began to form on his face
   "W-what?..." said Jon as shock and suprise filled his face "How do you know-"
   "Because I am your guardian" the figure said "That you have there is a Brouse."
   "A what?" Jon said
   "A Brouse, it is extremely dangerous due to its poisoness spikes and lethal bite, I suggest you should step away from it" the figure explained as she was walking toward the brouse with dagger in hand.
   "What are you gonna do?" Jon asked as he was commanded
   "Kill it, of course" The figure said as she raised her dagger and stabbed the brouse in the head
   "But I caught it!" said Jon
   "And you can possibly die" said the figure
   Jon sighed as he sat down "Who even are you?" asked jon
   "I," The figure said as she smiled and lowered her hood down reaveling a beatiful pale skinned women, with shiny blonde hair who looked like she was in her 20's, she had smile on her face that greeted Jon "am, Jessica Blueston, and I am your guardian" she said as she pulled the dagger out of the brouse and putting it back in a small holster on her boot.