chapter one

"Dominic, get your ass down here!" my step dad, Charlie screamed from downstairs, I wonder what this is about this time.  I wiped the tears off my face and ran down the stairs, watching my back just to make sure my step brothers, Marco and Phillip weren't behind me to push me down the stairs. "What is this?" Charlie asked, pointing at my report card.  I looked at it, my eyes widened; I failed almost ever single one of my classes! "My report card," I answered. Charlie slapped me. "I don't ever want to see another F on this report card, my family has high standards, good grades, and no orphan is going to ruin my family's reputation, do you understand me?" Charlie always calls me an orphan because he doesnt want me, he's only letting me live here because when my mom died she left me alot of money, because she was rich, and Charlie wants that money and to get it he has to "take care" of me. "Whatever," I said before walking out the door.

 I put my earbuds in my ears and unlocked my iPhone. I went into the music app and started playing Adam Lambert. He's my idol; I voted for him the whole time he was on American idol. Underneath started playing, I sang along queitly so no one could here me. "Strip away the flesh and bone, look beond the lies youve known, every body wants to talk about a freak but no one wants to dig that deep, let me take you underneath."  This song saved me from killing myself; it's got alot of meaning to me.  

 I felt eyes on me, I started to get a little parinoid. I looked behind me and I spotted Phillip following me, god hes a bad hider, I turned around and kept walking, I don't care if he follows me, I'm only going to the resturant that I work at. Phillip grabbed my arm and pulled me back, "Hey." he said trying to get my attention, "What do you want?" I snapped at him, "To tell you that dads got a present for you when you get home" he said with an evil smile on his face, I knew what he ment by a present, and it's not a fun one, Marco and Phillip hold my arms and Charlie hits me with various objects, I don't bother fighting back because I know I'm going lose. There all fat and they would squash me in a second. I don't know why they get enjoyment from someone elses pain, maybe it’s just so they can get their anger out of them. The worst thing about it is I never know when it's comming, it could be as soon as I get home, in the middle of me making there dinner and watching them eat it, or them randomly waking me up when I don't know what the hells going on. 

 The rest of my day I couldn’t help but think about what was going to happen to me when I get home.  I’ve thought of just asking for help but I’m too afraid of what Charlie would do to me after he got out of jail.  I know for sure he would be very pissed.  They don’t keep abusive people in jail for that long, and then they’re even more mad at the person that called the police on them and they lash out on them, if their a child like me who can’t really go anywere. 

I walked into the house.  I couldn’t see Charlie anywere; I figured Charlie was in the living room so I quietly went up to my room.  I was just about to walk into my room when someones arm violently wrapped around my waist and pulled me back I closed my eyes and pleaded, Please don’t kill me, please don’t kill me.  Marco and Phillip grabbed my arms and pulled them back with a lot of force.  I looked at Charlie with pleading eyes hoping that he would feel a little bit guilty for what he was about to do to me; it didn’t work.  Charlie picked up Marco’s baseball bat and swung it at my stomach.  I screamed in pain.  Charlie just continued to hit me with an emotionless face.  “Please stop.” I begged, tears running down my face.  I was leaning forward trying to hide my stomach but Marco and Phillip pulled me up so I was standing up right and Charlie continued to hit me.

***********A/N*********

Hi everyone.  Please tell your friends on wattpad about my story.  I really hope it can be successfull.  Please vote comment and all that good stuff :) thanks for reading.  - Hannah