chapter three

I ploped down on my bed, something on my desk cought my eye, I got up and looked at it.  It said album, I grabbed it and sat down on the floor, right there on the first page was a picture of me wiping icing on my moms nose when I was 2, the discripition said, "Dom enjoys putting icing on his moms nose"  I laughed, remembering my mom, I miss her sweet comforting voice, the hugs she would always give me, everything about her I missed. I could feel the tears sting my eyes, but for some reason I felt like I didn't want to stop remembering the past. The next picture was of me sitting next to the fireplace about to fall asleep. I flipped the page and it was of me and my step brothers, once apon a time we were nice to eachother and there wasn't constant fighting. The last picture was me and my mom, the day before she died, and then the obituary was next to it. I threw the album across the room, I was starting to wish I had never noticed it, only because of the painful memories it held.

I violently opened my door wiping away the salty tears from my eyes that just kept falling.  

The phone was ringing and I knew I had to get it, "hello?" I asked, "umm hello, is Charlie Macobee there?" a man asked, "yeah hold on let me go get him" I said and walked into the next room holding the phone out to Charlie saying, "it's for you" Charlie grabbed the phone out of my hand and looked at me with disgust and hatred, do I smell or something?

"Dominic!" Charlie shouted, I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen an into the livingroom were charlie was standing. "some one called" he said, "no duh" I mocked, Charlie gave me the evil eye "he said he went on ansestry.com and it led him all the way to you"  "what?" I asked "this man thinks he's your father" Charlie said. Those words shocked me, I might get the chance to meet my dad! "he wants to get a DNA test just to make sure you are his" Charlie stated, "ok" is all I could say.

The day went as normal as it always is, except I couldn't get the thought of having a real dad!  

I put my earbuds in my ears and started listening to my music; I listen to alot of different music, Adam Lambert, Olly Murs, Ed Sheeran, The Fray, and Black Veil Brides.  Music is everything to me, it frees me from the real world, that's what's so great about music, it makes you forget your pain, well the happy songs do that anyways. 

My phone buzzed, how in hell did James get my number!? The message said,  

Hey Dom it's James. 

God, I join the football team and now I'm suddenly talking to the popular kids who always bullied me?  I just texted him back saying, hey.

It turns out that James is a normal guy under all of his fakeness, and I actually don't mind being his friend now.  

Today James and I are going to be hanging out, I had to find some way to hide my bruises and cuts so James wouldn't question me what was going on in my house.  I put my blue skinny jeans on and my favorite black shirt, it didn't cover the bruise up all the way but hopefully it would be enough to were he wont notice.

James looked at my arm, he looked me in the eyes and back to my arm were the bruise is, I pulled my sleeve down over it and said, "I bumped into something" "sure you did" James said like he knew I was lying, I have always been a bad liar.  We walked to the lake in silences, only because I knew if I tried to start a conversation with James it would automatically go to why I had a bruise on my arm. "so"  James said, "so" I repeated, "what happened to your mom?" James asked me, I was shocked that he asked me that, he knew she was dead, I felt tears stinging my eyes "well,she,uuhhh died" I said "how? If you don't mind me asking" I didn't want to be rude and tell him I didn't want to talk about it so I just told him, "there was a car accident".  James picked up that I didn't want to talk about it so he just said, "oh" we didn't talk much after that, I think he felt bad. "Why are you being so reserved?" James asked, "I'm not used to having people talk to me." I stated, and that is true normally I am ignored and I sort of got used to being ignored and quiet. "Oh, okay, you can tell me anything, I'm here for you man" James said patting my back.  I sighed, "I might know who my dad is, I didn't bump into something to get this bruise, and you're about to run into a sign" I said.  He looked up and moved out of the way so he didn't hit the sign, "thanks, then how did you get the bruise?" James asked, "Someone hit me" I said, "who?" he asked, "my, uhhhh, step brother" I said, James looked at me, my step brother didn't hit me, Charlie did. But I wasn't going to tell James that. "Really?" he asked, "really." I repeated.

We got to the lake, James took his shirt off and ran into the water, "why don't you come in Dom, it's really warm!" James shouted to me. "no it's ok" I shouted back, "awwwww come on are you afraid of me seeing your skinny little chest?" James taunted, "no and my chest isn't skinny or little!" I yelled, he walked out of the water and over to me, "prove it then" James said, "what? No!" I said "why dont you want to take your shirt off? Is it because your secretly a girl dressed as a boy, and dont want me to see your breasts?" james said smirking at me, I got tired of his little insults and pulled my shirt of, James's mouth dropped, "one, oh my god you have amazing abs and two, what the fuck is that?!?" James said pointing at the huge bruise on my stomach, "a bruise" I said, "no duh" James looked at me with a worried look on his face, "who did this to you?" he asked me, "it's a long story, and I don't want to tell you in a public place" I said.