A Sudden Appearence(45)

Aquarius POV

Last night was a blur for everyone. I felt like a hungover was pulling me back from dealing with the big commotion outside. When I woke, a silent atmosphere had settled in the van and it was not to be disturbed so I slept some more until we arrived at a souvenir store far off from any cities.

"Is it just me that feels like my head is about to explode?" I shook my head lightly in agreement with Taurus.

"What the hell happened yesterday?" She shrugged at my question as we walked through the isles and commented on the small objects we saw.

Everyone came inside except Opchiusius at some point. We had all sat down in benches and chairs near the entrance where their idea of tv was located.

"You know, we like to replicate sorts of stuff from earth. Just a few years ago, an international forecast was set up." The young man who worked here, a son perhaps of a family business, explained the familiar object.

"That's cool, and is this the only store around?" He shook his head and signaled for me to wait right here.

He was quick and handed me a map.

"And what's this?"

"It's the towns route, in case you haven't noticed we're moons. Sometimes we're mistaken for comets."

"Oh." He smiled back and turned up the volume of the tv. He was actually really short and small, shorter than even the shortest of us. It's safe to say he reached my current height while I was seated.

"What's your name?"

"Phobos." He asked if I needed help finding anything and kept quiet when the news was back on.

"Anyone else recall the moon Phobos?" I asked the crew, thinking of an answer myself.

"Ah, that's one of Mars' moons. They're really small." Pisces' replied and put two and two together.

"Woah, he's shorter than m-"

"We cut shortly your program and come live with breaking news. Just today, her majesty's daughter, Princess Beta, lively announced a possible threat to our cities, teenage suspects."

Phobos chuckled at the news reporter in disbelief. I was relieved when he walked into the next room, maybe it was just paranoia telling me these weren't just random teenage suspects.

"Teenage suspects?"

Her partner joined in with confusion, and so did the rest of us. Cancer seemed to be the most curious of the following words.

"Oh yes, the following footage is shocking. One of the possible suspects, a teenage girl with no description up to now, was caught jumping off the eightieth floor of the three hundred floor 'Starcia' hotel!"

A couple of cheering and startled gasps were heard in the store. Cancer stood up in a halt and demanded it was probably a false accusation or video. I passed a knowing look to the other girls, they were worried as well except dense Taurus.

Scorpios' eyes had bulged out when a certain brunette was leaping out of a building on live tv and I admit, my heart started beating a little bit faster. What the hell had we gotten ourselves into, I didn't want to blame Cancer.

"That's a courageous move, I must say. Witnesses claimed she had came in the hotel soaking wet demanding everyone to follow her upstairs and then shooing them away to be later completely gone. If the previous hasn't become the only topic you'll be hearing today, the next will."

"You jumped out of a fucking building!?" Scorpio was now raising his voice loud enough to catch stares.

"I didn't know what else to do." Cancer couldn't stare at anyone, she simply hid her face in her palms and took the heat directed at her.