Chapter 3

I had go up to UA and have my address changed so I can actually receive my uniform.

I still can't believe I have a bed to sleep in and it just so happens to be Hawks'.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. Hawks refuses to let me walk and I don't have the money to take a train, so he is taking me. He is letting my fly as long as he is with me.

"Hawks I'm a big girl, I can walk by myself."

"I am well aware you can, it's the creeps I'm worried about."

"So you're just going to fly me to school?"

"Yep!"

"I can't tell if you're more of an overprotective brother or dad."

He pouts and I walk to the fridge. I start making fried eggs. Hawks starts making coffee. There is a knock a the door and Hawks walks over to answer it.

"Y/N, it's for you."

I walk over and see the package. My uniform. I race to my bedroom to try it on. When I come out, Hawks is on the phone. I clear my throat and he turns around.

"I'll call you later Hakamata."

He motions for me to twirl so I do.

"It's not to tight on your wings? I know how uncomfortable that is."

I shake my head and he gives me a thumbs up. I go back to my room and change back into my normal clothes. I hear Hawks talking to someone, but I can't tell who he's talking to. When I walk out I almost freak out but somehow manage to keep my calm.

Best Jeanist in standing in front of me.

"You must be Y/N."

He walks over and starts measuring my wings and tail. He then starts measuring my waist, hips, and my tits.

"What is all this for?"

"Remember the first night you stayed? When I said I would get BJ here to get you some professionally made clothes? Well, he just got a time off and is coming to get 'em started!"

I just look at Hawks, then Best Jeanist, then Hawks again. After Jeanist finishes measuring me, he looks me up and down.

"What's your favorite color?"

"F/C."

He nods and writes it down.

"Um, Best Jeanist, are you sure that you'll have time for this?"

"Hakamata, and yes. I made a bet with Hawks and one of the conditions was that I create you a wardrobe."

"Bet?"

"If you manage to put up with him for a month, I would make you a wardrobe. You have so here I am."

"I don't understand. Why would it be a challenge to put up with him?"

I can't see his lips, but I can tell by the way his eyes creased up that he smiled. I just brushed it off and started cleaning the place back up.

"Why are you always cleaning?"

"Because you're a slob."

He scoffs and pouts while I finish folding blankets and placing pillows back on the couch.

"How did you manage to get a pillow in the sink?"

"It was in the way so I threw it."

I roll my eyes and grab my phone. No new messages.

"Hey Hawks?"

He looks over at me.

"Can I go to my friends house? I want to see if he still hates me."

"I'll go too. I wanna meet him."

Hakamata chuckles, "Are you are her brother-figure or father-figure?"

"I said the same thing!"

We laugh a bit while Hawks just pouts. I get my jacket on and throw Hawks' at him. He got me a jacket that matches his. I open the skylight and jump up and out. Hawks joins me and we fly in the direction of Hitoshi's house.

"What are you going to say?"

"I'm going to ask if he hates me."

"Seriously? A bit straightforward don't you think?"

"He hates it when people sugar coat things."

We get to his house and I see Hajime's car in driveway so I knock.

"Hello Y/N and um, Hawks. Is Hitoshi in trouble?"

"He's been ignoring me since we got out letters. I want-need to see him."

"I'll tell him someone is here for him."

"Tell him there are two heroes at the door for him, he'll listen then."

Hajime nods and retrieves his son.

"Hawks? Who is the other hero? Why are you here?"

"Hey Hitoshi."

I step out from behind Hawks.

"Oh." He starts to walk back to his room but his dad stops him. He turns back around and stares at me.

"Why did you bring a hero with you?"

"I live with him now."

"So you came to get your stuff?"

"No, I came to see you."

He opens his mouth but doesn't say anything. I take a step closer, only for him to take a step back. I stop and look into his lavender eyes.

"I miss you."

He doesn't say anything. I feel my eyes start to water, but I fight the tears. Hitoshi turns and starts to walk back to his room. I fall to my knees and grab my shirt where my heart is. It hurts. It physically hurts. I let the tears out, I'm shaking, sobbing and regretting. I feel arms around me but I can't move. I just want to cry. My best friend is gone. I was picked up and now I'm in the sky. I can't stop crying. It hurts.

When we get back home, I am carried to my room and placed under the covers. I can't stop crying. I don't have any tears left, It's just dry sobs. I can hear the faint conversation between Hakamata and Hawks.

"She went to go see him, but he just ignored her."

"Are you sure they were just friends?"

"By the way she was talking about him, they were basically siblings."

"I don't know, but she's going to be broken for a while. Just make sure that you're there to help fix her."

After that I finally stopped sobbing and could move again. I went in the bathroom and tried to clean myself up before walking into the living room.

"Hey."

I walk up to Hawks and just hug him. I need a hug. He hugs me back and I snuggle into his chest.

"You're gonna be okay, you have me by your side."

I attempt to laugh, but it comes out dry. Hakamata had just left, but he finished three outfits and left them on the table for me.

After eating dinner and watching a few movies, I go to bed. After all, I go to UA tomorrow.

I hope I don't run into him.

I don't want to have a breakdown on the first day.