part three

you work on wednesdays

from 5 pm to 10 pm.

and that's why, on wednesdays, i unlock the door to your home without you knowing.

i know some people will call me crazy, and maybe i am?
but i'm also crazy in love.
crazy in love with you.

i lay on your bed and imagine what you dream about, your scent intoxicating me. i feel like i'm drowning. and with each wave, i need you more and more.

but you see, i was never once like this.
i knew how to control myself before.
i knew right from wrong.

but somehow in a haze, everything i once knew faded away, and you were the only thing that made sense to me.

click

fuck.
i check my watch- 10:25.
my heart pounds in my chest, excitement running through my veins. why does part of my brain hope you'll find me?

i listen to you take off your shoes, i listen to you sniffle - must be getting a cold. poor baby.

does he know i can take care of him?
does he ever think about how much it fucking hurts, to be staring at him in a crowd and him look straight past me?

i hear you walk through the hallway as i duck under your bed.
my eyes scrunch shut and confetti blows up in my head when i feel the weight of the bed press down and see your feet at the end.

i listen to you breathe. i watch your chest rise and compress as you drift away and lose consciousness.

i take a polaroid, something to hold close to my heart in the lonely hours.
my fingers fall on your cheekbones and i drink in your olive skin.

basking in your beauty.

i admire the way your eyelashes flutter when you sleep, or the way your arm lays across your chest.

how plump your lips are, how they open and shut as you let out soft snores.

my heart feels as though it is going to push through my rib cage as i close the door to your bedroom, and then your apartment.

i'll always remember this night. and as i danced home, the street lamps being my spotlight, i truly felt content.