Chapter 5

"Go Archie!" I yell clapping while sitting beside Kevin, Ronnie, Josie, and The Pussycats as Archie walks on stage with his guitar.

"Woo!" The football team mocks. "Shut up!" I yell back to them. I hear someone whistle knowing it's Reggie. "Whistle at someone you have a chance with." I say causing the rest of the team to laugh.

"Can we continue with the auditions please?" Kevin asks while I throw my feet on the table we're sitting at and he tries to push them off.

Archie sits down holding his guitar trying to focus, I turn to see the football guys making faces and I roll my eyes trying to stand up but Ronnie pushes me back down. "He's choking." Josie tells us. "Them antagonizing isn't making it any easier." I say and she shakes her.

By the end of the tryouts Archie got stage fright and didn't try out. Luckily Ronnie had a conversation with Kevin and got him an open spot. I walk into the hallway finding Archie sitting and talking to Valerie.

Before I get the chance to blink Cheryl is standing in front of me. "Hey...!" I exclaim and she smiles. "Hi!" She says back enthusiastically.

"So I'm sure you heard, we had to make one of our vixens quit. So there's an opening." She says and I raise my eyebrow. "What does this have to do with me?" I ask her curiously. "You're joining the river vixens." She tells me. "No thanks." I respond fake smiling. "Oh how cute, you thought I was asking. See you at practice." She says turning hitting me in the face with her hair walking off.

"What just happened?" Kevin asks walking up beside me. "I think I joined the River Vixens?" I say. "Was that a statement or a question?" He asks me. "I have no idea." I tell him.

"Hey!" Ronnie says walking out the auditorium. "Hi..." I respond and Kevin bursts out laughing. "What did I miss?" Ronnie asks confused out of her mind. "Nothing." I respond. "Let's go to lunch." I tell her and she nods.

"Guess what?" Veronica says sitting at the table where Juggie, Betty, Archie, and Valerie are sat. "I got you a spot in the variety show." Veronica tells him how. "I threatened to fight the director." I smile and Archie looks majorly confused.

"I reminded Kevin he's heard you sing on numerous occasions, and he agreed to give you a spot in the show." Ronnie tells him. "Thanks Ronnie, but I got up there and I got terrified." He told her and she nods.

"Why don't you sing together?" I speak up taking a grape off of Juggies' plate as he swats my hand away. "What do you say Archikins?" Ronnie asks him and he nods. "Thanks Ronnie." He smiles and she returns it.

"What else is new?" Juggie asks. "Apparently I'm a river vixen now?" I say questioningly and everyone but Kevin stares at me. "What?" Juggie asks confused out of his mind.
——————————————————————————
*Andrews Construction*

"Why do I have to come though?" I ask Ronnie as she drags me to Andrews Construction and she chuckles.

"Because if I leave you at that school alone with Valerie and Archie, you're likely to rip both their heads off." I look at her raising an eyebrow. "Okay..." I respond laughing causing her to laugh as well and she stops walking and laughing.

"What's wrong?" I ask her quickly and she points to the building, when I turn and look my jaw drops. Fred Andrews is kissing Hermione Lodge. "Oh my gosh!" Ronnie says and I nod. "R-Ronnie." I say and she turns her head.

"Wow, that is an image I will never unsee." She tells me turning around and walking away from the building where they're kissing.
—————————————–—————————————

"Hey!" Kevin walks up to me. "Hey!" I respond smiling. "How was your first vixens practice?" He asks me and I laugh. "Didn't go." I shrug and he sighs shaking his head, he was excited I was supposed to join.

"Do I have to play stage hand though?" I ask him and he nods. "You volunteered." He tells me laughing at the face I make when he announces that.
"Sh! The world doesn't need to know I was being helpful in a situation." I snap at him playfully.

"I got to go introduce Archie." He tells me after the Pussycats perform. "Next up onstage is Archie Andrews." Kevin announces as the audience claps. "Hey!" I say as Archie gets ready to go on stage. "Good luck." I say looking in his eyes and he looks into mine smiling. "Thanks!" He says turning to continue walking on stage.

*after his performance.*

He did amazing during his performance. "He was great." Veronica tells me and I nod. 

"Uh oh." She says looking behind me and I raise an eyebrow at her confused. "What's wrong?" I ask her trying to turn to look where she is staring. "No! Let's go to Pop's for some French fries and milkshakes." She says trying to drag me away but I raise my eyebrow. I turn to look pulling out of her grasp.
"What's going on?" I say, that's what she didn't want me to see...Archie is kissing Valerie.

"Oh." I say and turn back to her for some reason there's a small pain in my chest. "Let's go to Pops!" I say brushing it off. "Okay my ride or yours?" I joke. "Mine obviously." She jokes back causing me to laugh.