Chapter 9: CORE

Alphys leads Frisk to the CORE while
Chara follows, and the three watched as modular parts slides away, moved by two shadowy monsters.

Alphys: H-huh? Who are they? Nobody else is supposed to be here... Anyways, let’s j-just take the elevator up!

The elevator isn’t working.

Frisk: What? The elevator should be
working or something...

Alphys: (realized) Oh I got an idea, how about we can enter the other room that will get us to the higher room.

Frisk nods as he, Chara and Alphys were walking until they reached the platforms that have been changed as it splits up.

Alphys: (shocked) Oh dear! This is not good!

Frisk: Don't worry Alphys, we have to calm down. So we have to split up to meet again and we can stop Mettaton.

Alphys: (calmed) Okay then, I'll see you at the other side Frisk!

Frisk and Alphys runs off as Frisk and Chara encountered many monsters and he spared them all, during the journey, Frisk found a disco light door that it was Mettaton who lives there.

Mettaton: OH YES. THERE YOU ARE,
DARLING. IT’S TIME TO HAVE OUR LITTLE SHOWDOWN.

Frisk: Alright then Mettaton, it is the time I have to reprogram you from your malfunctioning with Alphys’ help.

Mettaton: WHAT? "MALFUNCTION" AND YOU WANT TO "REPROGRAM" ME? (laughs) DARLING, GET REAL. DON'T YOU SEE WHAT YOU’VE BEEN FOOLING ABOUT?

Frisk: (confused) What are you talking about? There is no-way that someone tricked me.

Chara: That’s what he said.

Frisk: Shut up.

Mettaton: BUT DARLING, THIS WAS ALL JUST A BIG SHOW. AN "ACT". ALPHYS HAS BEEN PLAYING YOU FOR A FOOL THE WHOLE TIME. AS SHE WATCHED YOU ON SCREEN, SHE GREW ATTACHED TO YOUR ADVENTURE. SHE DESPERATELY WANTED TO BE A PART OF IT. SO SHE DECIDED TO INSERT HERSELF INTO YOUR STORY.

Frisk: You must be joking me around
Mettaton.

Mettaton: OH REALLY? WELL, SHE
REACTIVATED PUZZLES. SHE
DISABLED ELEVATORS. AND SHE
ENLISTED ME TO TORMENT YOU. ALL SO SHE COULD SAVE YOU FROM
DANGERS THAT DIDN'T EXIST. ALL SO YOU WOULD THINK SHE'S A GREAT PERSON... THAT SHE'S NOT. AND NOW, IT'S TIME FOR HER FINEST HOUR. AT THIS VERY MOMENT, ALPHYS IS WAITING OUTSIDE THE ROOM.

Mettaton snaps his fingers at the screen which is shown Alphys waiting at the door leading to them.

Mettaton: DURING OUR "BATTLE," SHE WILL INTERRUPT. SHE WILL PRETEND TO "DEACTIVATE" ME, "SAVING" YOU ONE FINAL TIME. FINALLY. SHE'LL BE THE HEROINE OF YOUR ADVENTURE. YOU'LL REGARD HER SO HIGHLY SHE'LL EVEN BE ABLE TO CONVINCE YOU NOT TO LEAVE. ... OR NOT. YOU SEE, I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS PREDICTABLE CHARADE. I HAVE NO DESIRE TO HARM HUMANS. FAR FROM IT, ACTUALLY. MY ONLY DESIRE IS TO ENTERTAIN. AFTER ALL, THE AUDIENCE DESERVES A GOOD SHOW, DON'T THEY?

Alphys noticed as she runs to the door.

Alphys: Hang on Frisk, I'm coming!

Frisk: Alphys, hurry!

Mettaton: AH AH AHH, ALPHYS. NO
BREAKING IN FOR OUR LAST SHOW!

Mettaton snaps his fingers as the door is automatically shut closed which made Alphys trapped outside as she knocks the door many times but no vial.

Alphys: Oh no! Frisk, I'm trapped outside! Th-th-the door just locked itself!

Mettaton: SORRY, FOLKS! THE OLD
PROGRAM'S BEEN CANCELLED!!! BUT WE'VE GOT A FINALE THAT WILL DRIVE YOU WILD!! REAL DRAMA!! REAL ACTION!! REAL BLOODSHED!! ON OUR NEW SHOW... "ATTACK OF THE KILLER ROBOT!"