Chapter Two : Jace POV

I looked at my family. They were perfect. I couldn't wish for anyone else. Valentina tugged at the bottom of my jacket. I swung her up and she sat on my shoulders. "Will it hurt?" She was talking about the portal. We were portaling to the institute. It was Val's first time, but Stephen's third. I smiled. "No. It won't." Val squeezed my hand and said she was ready. Clary stepped forward and drew a portal rune on the side of the wall. "I still don't get why you have to ruin my wall" I muttered. Clary laughed. "Tough luck, angel boy. My wall too now, don't forget" Together, we walked into the portal.
At the other end, the Lightwoods were there to welcome us. Val rushed at Alec." Uncle Alec! Uncle Magnus!" Hugging Magnus and Alec in turn. "Excuse me, Valentina Herondale. Your Auntie Isabelle is standing right here and /I/ am getting married today, not Alec." Isabelle announced. Val laughed and ran at Iz, who lifted her up and kissed her head. Stephen looked at me. I gestured for him to get Val and take her in to the institute. Clary took my hand and we walked towards to Isabelle, Alec and Magnus. Clary and Isabelle looked at each other. "Should we tell them?" Clary asked. Isabelle nodded. I was worried. My wife was keeping secretes. "Me and Clary are going to become parabitai." Isabelle said. Alec gasped. I sighed in relief. Then I remembered. "You have to be between 12 and 18!" Clary smirked. "The clave voted to let us choose, as I have only been a shadowhunter for 9 years, but we had 1 week." Just then Robert Lightwood came out. It's time to go."