The Inevitable

If there is one thing I want to learn before the day I turn 25 — it is to embrace change.
It is to learn how to love again and again even when I've hurt. It is to understand that pain will constantly come and to believe that I will be able to overcome all the obstacles & trials God will put upon me.
It is to learn how to be stronger, how to be loud and open & unafraid.
It is to learn how to be the better image of a woman I aspire to be.
It is to respect others' heart and to say," yes, you've done your part in my life and you've taught me a lesson. Let me open this door for you," out of the willingness of my own heart & strength.

Because what people don't teach you is how to let go and when to stop holding on.
That is why I fear my past so much, that is why I often find myself looking back because there were too many beautiful moments & I still have so much love to give out to those people that have left.
So please — to the future me; constantly remind yourself what is there to come. Give yourself coherent and sustainable belief that good things, even greater memories, will come. And that Love has no limit. Love has no limit.

I have been so scarce of love as of lately that I have quite forgotten the taste of it. And the feeling is so unknown to me that I am beginning to feel numb of it. I have been unable to rejoice in the feeling it gave to me by others who I do not wish to place it upon me. For that I apologize. For that I fear Love itself — afraid that one day I will stop yearning for it, stop seeking for the freedom it gave me. I'm afraid because...that day is coming too soon to my despair.
So, come forth, the miracles God will bestow on me. Come to me now, when I am ready, so I know that when it does — I will not be scared of feeling it. And when it does — I will not be unaware of it. But alas, to let it in as I have let the others. And let it stay as long as he wishes to.

— is