part 14

Stella pov:

"What are you saying, Stella? He was right in front of you, and he wasn't even slightly rude to you! How is that possible?" Riana was shocked when I described Mike's unusual behaviour today.

"I don't know! Maybe something is going on in his head to make my life a living hell," I blurted my thoughts to Riana as I pondered.

"Yeah, but maybe he's just regretting what he did to you yesterday now!" Riana expressed by raising one eyebrow and pursing her lips to one side.

"Just shut up! That's never possible, not even in his entire life!" I was disgusted by her thought. "You know, I feel sorry for the girl he'll spend his entire life with," I sighed.

"You shouldn't, Stella. Sexy girls like Jennifer, eagerly wait for his slightest hints! And then, it'll be Mike who should be sorry!" She said with excitement, and we both shared a laugh, envisioning the situation with humour.

But I was feeling a little hurt to think about Mike making out with Jennifer.

We were laughing and talking about other things which made me relax after a very long time of carrying the heavy baggage on my mind.

Suddenly, a girl named Rebecca, who was Riana's friend, entered the room with excitement. She exclaimed, "Stella, you've become really famous! Do you guys know that both Robin and Mike confronted the guy who was spreading rumours about you and gave him a good beating!"

What!!!

What!!

Both Riana and I were shocked and, at the same time, thrilled to learn what he was attempting to prove. And as for me?

"Yes, it's true! I saw it with my own eyes in the sports arena. Mike beat that guy so badly that he begged for his life!" She said with amazement in her eyes as she recounted the event.

Is she crazy? How could she find that so interesting? I could feel my anger boiling in my veins, thinking about how someone could be so emotionless.

Whatever happened yesterday, it all unfolded because of him, and now he's attempting to pin it all on one person and make him suffer. If Mike were to show up in front of me, I'd give him a direct slap across his face! He thinks he did something heroic, and that Robin too!

"We girls are practically vying for his attention, and here you are doing nothing, yet he's giving you his full attention. No offence, but that's really unusual for Mike, who wouldn't even consider someone like you in his dreams. You're incredibly lucky," she said, but her words carried more jealousy than genuine compliment.

"Oh, really, Rebecca! Just keep your mouth shut. He's the one creating all this drama, and instead of holding him accountable, you guys are making fun of her. Furthermore, we have no desire to be in his dreams. He should have learned how to respect a lady before trying to portray himself as a hero by beating someone in public. If you're done with your so-called information, please leave," Riana fumed at her. Rebecca was taken aback by Riana's sudden outburst, her expressions conveying a sense of bewilderment as if she couldn't figure out what she had said wrong.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm going, but that's the only compliment I've given her instead of saying anything bad!" With those parting words, she left our spot without saying goodbye.

"Riana, was that actually a compliment? That felt quite insulting! How can a girl be so mean to another? I'm just baffled by their mentality," I said, expressing my confusion regarding their behaviour.

"Don't worry. It's best to ignore such people." She sighed deeply

But my anger was growing uncontrollably. I had an overwhelming desire to confront Mike.

I felt the urge to do something humiliating in front of everyone or give him a tight slap across his face, or maybe even a kick to his stomach. I knew I couldn't do any of it in reality, but no one had ever provoked my anger to this extent before.

That was it. I had to show him who I really was instead of sitting here and trying to convince myself that everything would be okay. So I told Riana that I was heading out, and without waiting for her response, I left her alone.

I searched everywhere, from the canteen to the school classroom, but I couldn't catch even a glimpse of him anywhere. By that time, my anger from the thought of insulting him had also subsided, and weariness was taking over my body. So, I found an empty classroom and sat down on a bench.

Out of the blue, Mike appeared near the door, and his pair of piercing blue eyes locked onto me as if to say, "Yeah, I'm here. What are you searching for?" He was dressed in a rugged pair of denim jeans and a hoodie, with a smoking skeleton picture on the front, wearing his famous grin.

Once more, my eyes met his deep, ocean-blue eyes, but internally, I was locked in a struggle not to be drawn into them, which had the power to make you drown within. I reminded myself of how cruel he had been to humiliate me and my mother. Suddenly, the anger I had let go surged within me, as if it were about to erupt.

I acted without hesitation, running up to him and delivering a punch to his face. He was taken aback and appeared bewildered by my sudden outburst.

"What the..." he muttered, his anger evident, but I cut off his words and continued, "What do you think of yourself? I've never seen such a coward in my entire life. Why are you putting on this act like you're my saviour or something? Do you even realize the consequences of your actions? All you're doing is making everyone blame me!"

"How dare you punch me?" He gritted his teeth, and in a fit of anger, he dragged me into a room, pushing me against the wall. His hard chest pressed against mine, and his face was just a few inches away from mine. He stared at me intensely, as if he were about to lash out, a scenario that played vividly in my mind.

Now, I was fully aware of my mistake and deeply regretted what I had done just a few seconds ago. My anger had transformed into fear as I witnessed his bloodshot eyes. I struggled to free myself from his grip."Every time you can't do this to me. Just leave me.," I yelled at him with fear inside but showing as if I was going to fight with him now.

"Are you going to tell me what I can or can't do?" He gritted his teeth once more and tightened his grip on my hand. I could feel the pain, so I tried to loosen his fingers.

"That applies to you too. Why did you...," but suddenly his lips met mine, and it was unlike anything I expected. My eyes widened, and I felt his grip loosen on my hand, his fingers moving towards my neck.

I'm still standing there and feel frozen inside, the way his mouth touching mine is clueless. I didn't know what to do but his tongue in my mouth which felt unusually amazing. My entire body felt weaker and I closed my eyes and my hand without my knowledge holding his neck.

"Allow me, Stella.," He told me very slowly and again touched my lips.

"I didn't want him to stop, but I had no idea what he was saying to me."

"Suddenly, I opened my eyes and realized what I was doing with him. I pushed him back and ran from there without looking back."

"I missed my class and walked straight home, regretting that kissing him was a big mistake. Tears continuously streamed down my face, and guilt weighed heavily on me. Now, he might see me in a bad light. How could I have done that? My first kiss was shared with a person who may never understand my feelings."

#Thank you very much for reading this chapter.