Chapter 23

I am currently 700 reads away from 80K on Two Shoes and I hit 10K on Love Sewn this week! ASDFGJKL I can remember when I hit 10K on Two Shoes! 

Remember to vote, comment, share, follow and check out works

That night I slept better than I had done in such a long time. I still didn't sleep soundly throughout the night but it was nightmare free and I surprisingly felt very comfortable. At some point, Nathan firmly took upon the role of big spoon with one arm laid over my waist and his head close to the back of mine. He seemed to sleep the whole night through which was a relief because of how fatigued he appeared to be yesterday. At that present moment in time, it only mattered if Nathan was well rested because tired people make the worst decisions so it was my job to make sure that he slept soundly from now on. 

It got to around seven in the morning and I had been lying in bed for over an hour wide awake, over the past few years I had learned the value of a good morning start so sitting around for hours did not appeal to me. Plus the clothes I had worn throughout yesterday had become very uncomfortable and I was feeling hungry so I decided to get up. The entire house was silent as nobody else dared to rise from their sleep before early afternoon so I knew that it would be a mission to creep around silently. 

My clothes were the biggest issue at that moment in time. I knew that I could potentially borrow from the girls however I didn't want to give them another reason to dislike me and also all of their clothes would be too big as none of them were even close to being underweight like me. I planned on sticking around for a while but I wasn't close to thinking about long term at that moment but I knew I'd require some of the items from my house very soon. 

I decided to call a taxi to come pick me up from the end of the street (just to be safe because of the boys' popularity) and take me back to my apartment so that I could pack some clothes and other essentials to last me for at least a week. Whilst only little over a week ago I had been distraught as I packed up my life in LA, there was something satisfying about doing it again but to temporarily move in with Nathan. I packed my nicest stuff because a large part of me wanted to impress Nathan for some reason and I wanted to improve the impression I had made on everyone else.

My new apartment, although lovely, felt like a hotel room. It wasn't lived in at all and the terms of the lease meant that I wasn't really allowed to make it my own. I wasn't too distraught about leaving it behind but I was cautious not to permanently move out in case things didn't work out and then I'd have nowhere to stay. 

The job only took me around two hours, I would have been much quicker if it wasn't for the traffic but I arrived back at the house at about ten in the morning. Again, I got the taxi to drop me off at the end of the street and once I was certain that it was far into the distance, I walked along the road to the house. I had been fully expecting to have to ring the buzzer at the gates so that I could be allowed in but the gates were wide open, which was a concern. I tried not to think much of it, but I decided to definitely ask Nathan about it, and I walked up to the house. To my horror, the door was unlocked too. I had thoughtlessly left the house without a key or even my phone to call Nathan or Jay with so I was thankful that my entrance would be easy but it was worrying about how it easy it would be for strangers. 

I was not at all anticipating to see the scene unravelling before me. Everyone was frantic. The four girls sat on breakfast stools with Nathan in the corner of the room who was crying his eyes out yet again. The other four boys looked furious, confused or concerned. All eyes turned to me when they heard the door shut. 

"Where did you go?" Siva was the first to speak up. He was one of the boys that had looked confused and therefore his voice came out very surprised. They had all been at action stations and now that they had stopped, they all seemed unsure about what to do. At that point, I wasn't entirely sure about what the commotion was for but it was pretty obvious looking back.