unarmed

Lyra's POV:
"Stop, stop..please!" I exclaimed, continuing to back up as far as i could from this unknown person.

At this point, i was close to nearly being on the street. I'm completely unarmed right now, still on my hands and feet, backing up. A million thoughts are running through my head, but none are leading to the only answer i need. Is Sammy okay? If something were to happen to him, i'd be completely my fault. I need him here, in more ways than one. One, because him being here will mean he's okay, and two..for some messed up reason, i believe he's the only one who can save me.

Because i'm a dumb fuck, I mustered up enough energy to get up off the road, and stand right in front of this bastard.

"Alright, stop being a pussy. Do something." I screamed, waving my hands in the air, waiting for it.

"Is that what you want?" He questioned, taking a step forward. I gained enough willpower, and forced myself to not step backwards. Realizing that he asked a question, I briefly nodded my head.

"Well i guess that sucks for you." He said. I looked at him, in true confusion. But before I could ask anything, he did something I was not at all expecting. He took off his mask.

"D-Dad?" I choked. I couldn't believe my eyes. He's not supposed to be here. He's supposed to be at work, in Minnesota.

"Congratulations, you failed." He said, angrily.
How dare he come here, and use his work skills on me like I'm a fucking lab rat. You see, my dad here..is an FBI agent, a quite intelligent one might I add. He was trained by the best, and he wants to train me into being the next best. I can't jam it in his head enough that i don't want any part of this life, he just keeps pressuring me, and doing shit like this.

"Unbelievable! You actually still think I give a damn about this whole life you got planned out for me? News flash dad, I don't wanna follow in your footsteps, in fact i'd rather work at fucking Mcdonald's!" I exclaimed, groaning in frustration.

"Watch your tone of voice with me! You are incredibly in-obedient, young lady! I'm trying to set you up a reasonably functional life, and you're just completely disobeying my orders." He sighed. "I told you to stay on top of everything, and what do you do? You completely destroy everything we've ever worked for. And for what, working an unsuccessful job, getting paid shit, having a job you like? It's vulgar." He paused and breathed. "If you don't want this successful life i have planned you for, then you can pack your bags and get the hell out of my house." He talked quietly and slowly.

"You don't get to do that...you don't even live here, and it's not your house." I emphasized 'your' "It's under Mum's name, and it's her decision, she's in charge of me, not you. Maybe if you decided to actually be a Dad to me, you could have a say in my life, but now? Now you don't get a chance, you ruined it. You should just leave." I turned around and stopped. "You're never here for more than 18 hours anyway." I gulped. I continued walking into the house, him surprisingly not following behind me.

I closed the door, and leaned against it with my hands behind my back. I exhaled a breath i didn't know i was holding.

He was never there when we needed him, so there's no point in changing that. He's probably just here because he wants something.