Chaos Rising

Isaac paced back and forth in front of the large windows in Derek’s new loft as I sat down on the metal curl around staircase.

“You know, I'm starting not to like this idea. Sounds kinda dangerous.” Isaac declared as he paused in the middle of the room to look over at Derek who was sitting reading a book to the side of the room and I rolled my eyes in boredom as I rested my elbows on my knees. “You know what? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him.”

“You'll be fine.” Derek drawled slowly in annoyance without looking up from his book and Isaac sighed heavily as he looked up at the ceiling before frowning at the Alpha.

“Does it have to be him?”                                                

“He knows how to do it. I don't. Be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself.”

“You know Scott doesn't trust him, right? You know, personally, I'd... well, I'd trust Scott.”

“Do you trust me?” Derek asked him quietly as he looked up at the Beta questioningly and I looked over at them in interest when I heard the underlying nervous in the Alpha’s voice. Isaac glanced over me for a second as I quirked an eyebrow at him and then back at Derek with a small frown on his face.

“Yeah. I still don't like him.” Isaac said firmly as he shook his head before going back to pacing in front of the windows and I sighed as I rolled my eyes at him in amusement.

“Nobody likes him.”

“I like him.” I interjected pointedly as I stood up from the staircase gracefully and Derek looked at me over his shoulder with a faint smirk on his lips.

“Nobody normal likes him.” He corrected himself in the same assured voice as he closed his book and I scowled at him playfully as I walked down the stairs as Isaac chuckled at the insult. I opened my mouth to retort with a sarcastic comment but just then the front door to the loft slid open and a familiar person appeared in the doorway as I stopped at the bottom of the stairs with a smile.

“Sophie, boys.” Peter greeted us all with a smirk on his face as he walked into the loft and Derek stood up from his chair with a sigh as he placed the book down on the table next to him. “F.Y.I., yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the hearing still works. So I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face.”

“We don't like you. Now shut up and help us.” Derek ordered sternly as he glared slightly at his uncle through greenish eyes and I smirked at them in amusement as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Fair enough.” He replied in amusement as he smiled brightly and walked further into the room as I strolled over to where Isaac was standing.

The Beta shifted nervously on his feet as he looked cautiously at the ex-Alpha and I placed a hand on his shoulder gently as I sent him a reassuring smile. He sighed shakily as he tried to return the smile before sitting down on the seat in front of him and I sent peter a warn look as he walked over to stand behind Isaac. “Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm.”