Chapter 18:

Rafael had came back from helping Alaric. We sat in Landon's room. My tears had finally stopped crying, but I was still sad.

My dad didn't care about me. He didn't care about my sister either. She was just a part of his master plan. Now, there is no doubt in my mind that is telling me that I'm not a part of it too.

It just does not make sense. Why else would he be here?

Landon has stepped out of the room and talked to Rafael. Sitting on Landon's bed, I try to calm down.

"Hes a maniac. A manipulator. This is what he wants. He wants you to be sad." My voice sounds convincing, but it still doesn't convince me.

My mind was spinning. Was it true? Did I really crave more power. That would explain why I had wanted to keep both sides of myself. Maybe I am some power craving monster. No. This is what he wants Alexa. Don't let him doubt yourself. You're good. You are.

Landon and Rafael comes back in. "Hey, sorry I wasn't here. You okay?"

They both sit on opposite sides of me. "Yeah, now I am. I talked to my dad."

"What?! That guy is the worst person ever like...." Rafael gives Landon a look and Landon chuckles awkwardly. "As you were saying."

I tell them about how Will talked about my darkness, how I was evil, why he abandoned me, and about Hope.

"I'm sorry, Alexa. You don't deserve that." Landon nods.

"Yeah. You're too kind. Nobody like you deserves that."

"I feel like I've been crying a lot. This is the second time I've been in here crying and both of you comforting me."

Landon shakes his head. His curly hair moves in a small way. "Hey, two days of crying is way less then the amount of days anyone else in you shoes would've been crying."

"Yeah." They both give me a hug. After me, Landon, and Rafael get done talking, I go into Hope's room.

"Hey. Feeling better?" She is reading her textbook while taking notes. She instantly drops them as I walk in.

"Yeah. I just want to take my mind off of it."

Hope gives me a huge smile. "I know just the thing." Hope grabs her grimoire. She gestured for me to sit down on the bed.

"Let's do something simple." She grabs a plant and starts to say words. I repeat after her and we watch as the flower grows and than goes back down.

Me and her spend the night doing spells and laughing. We cuddled in the end until we both fall asleep.